WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #24 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Excellent Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I loved the cleanliness of the hotel and the staff was most friendly and helpful. Our room was cleaned each day before 11 a.m. The pool area was superb and a great alternative to the beach. We found it to not be crowded. We were able to catch a ferry to Riverstreet every 20 minutes and that was most convenient. The price we paid for the room was very reasonable for the area...especially since most downtown hotels do not have pools.

Room Tip: We got an upgraded room looking over the river by asking for no additional charge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dackwest
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated that we were able to provide exceptional service and that you enjoyed the Escape pool. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just stayed over a long weekend in this resort hotel located in a river island just beside the Convention Center of Savannah, GA.
The place is big and has great infrastructure, very nice rooms with lots of light, ample view and good air conditioning, ...very important this time of the year.
Their Spa and Exercise rooms are excellent, although in a different building located almost two blocks away from the hotel, but it does not real matter as they have a shuttle service. Their pool is too small for the size of the hotel, so it is crowded.
The problem with this place is the service they provide. I feel there's nothing worst than when you leave your room at 9 am and then return at 5 pm still nobody has serviced it. So the bathroom and bed are still not made and cleaned. That's upsetting.
Their restaurants are not what they should, the wine list is lousy, the waiter brings you the food order long before you get your drinks, and they just feel they are doing it great.
Cleanliness of the rooms is another subject: the carpet is not clean (there was popcorn in mine when I checked in), they don't do the bed properly as the bathroom is not properly cleaned.
It just seems they are running very short of people, because they are always in a hurry, and don't stop to watch and see.
Not my recommendation. It would had been a lot better to stay in the old district of Savannah.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lutier
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that our service did not exceed your expectations during your stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding our restaurant and rooms servicing. Please contact me at david.moses@westin.com so that I may investigate further and make changes to improve. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah to restore your faith in our property.

New York City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel is beautiful. Staff is friendly. Always with a smile. When you call the front desk you are greeted by name. We had a view of the river which was spectacular.....only way to go. There is a free riverboat that takes you across to River Street . Starbucks closes at 2 PM....no late night hours. Rooms were clean and spacious. We found that the pool was nice but lacking supervision. There were children from ages 5 to 14 in the pool and although is said "no diving" they dove into the pool and splashed around. Our disappointment was that there were staff present at the towel station that said nothing. There was also a woman in the whirlpool reading a magazine and drinking coffee. Again, staff said nothing. We came to Savannah after being in Atlanta and wanted to ship things home. Staff said this was no problem. On our last night, we called the front desk and inquired about sending our things home. The individual placed me on hold three times because she could not answer my questions. Then we were told we had to wait until the manager came in tomorrow. Being frustrated and presse for time. we went to the front desk to speak with the manager and while we waited we encountered a security agent, Dwight, who solved our problem and shipped or package home for free. Overall, good experience with a few road bumps.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy your overall experience was positive. Thank you for your feedback regarding our pool and shipping procedure--we will use it to improve for future guests. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Galloway, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

From the second we arrived, the staff of the Savannah Westin was superb! Everyone greets you with a smile; a testament to their company's customer service! The hotel is magnificent with a grand view of the Savannah Riverfront. (You will not regret requesting a river-view room!) We spent most of our week exploring the city of Savannah but took time to drop in on Hilton Head and took one day to drive to Charleston. All in all the trip was a memorable one that was surely enhanced by the gracious accommodations! I would not hesitate to recommend the Westin to any of my friends visiting the area!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room!
2 Thank Brenda S
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Brenda,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. Our staff strives to make positive impressions and I am happy you found their efforts superb. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying across the river but it ended up being the perfect place for us! The ferry made the trip to River street extremely convenient and scenic. It felt close enough to go into the tourist area any time we wanted but far enough away to still be it's own relaxing oasis. Our favorite part of the hotel was the common area by the pool. Palm trees strung with lights, comfortable seating that promoted mingling with other guests, and little fire pits to keep you comfortable in the river breeze. It was amazing! The beds were extremely comfortable, the rain shower head was a treat, and the room from the view was spectacular!!! The staff was excellent and the food was great too. My husband and I have agreed that we will never stay anywhere else in Savannah. Thanks for an AMAZING trip Westin!

Room Tip: Ask for a river/pool view
Dear Anica,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that you found the pool relaxing and the view spectacular. The Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Bath are cornerstones of our guest experience and I am elated that you found them to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.,

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I really enjoyed my recent visit to the Westin, Savannah for a conference. The view from my room was almost too beautiful...I didn't want to leave room for meetings. The free ferry was a good option for going into downtown Savannah for shopping.

Thanks so much for the great customer service we experienced from check in to checkout. I will definitely return to the Westin.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and river view for the best view of the river and downtown Savannah.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and I am happy to hear you found it positive and memorable. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this Weston. My husband is a Starwood Gold member so we stay at a lot of their properties. I love the great customer service and comfy beds. This is a great place to stay in Savannah because its right on the river. You can watch huge yachts and tanker ships go by and you have pretty sunsets every night.

A water taxi comes every few minutes that takes you to the other side of the river where the shops and restaurants are. The Westin sits on a beautiful golf course.

Unfortunately I have not been able to try their spa either time I've been here because we brought our children 8, and 9 and my husband had been gone a lot for work. I work in the spa industry so I'm pretty disappointed about that, Conde Naste gives their spa high ratings.

My kids love the pool area and they have a fire pits they light at night so we were able to have s'mores (hotel provided the needed items) they have a little splash zone for kids too and a bar. The bar service has been hit and miss- not what I'm used too but I think it's because the hotel hasn't been that busy the last few days. It was even closed the other day pretty early.

They have a tent area next to the pool with pool tables, ping pong, and foozball- also nice cozy chairs and couches in this area with another fire place. They have a wii that you can play in the lobby area too. Be sure to try their complimentary rosemary infused lemonade its super yummy.

The only downside to staying here is that you have to take the water taxi, and some people might prefer to be on the other side of the river where the action is. It can be a little tome consuming but my kids love riding it!

I like it because its more peaceful on this side of the river and the hotel is kid friendly. Savannah is really easy to walk around and you save on parking by taking the water taxis and walking. (They are free to ride) also there are free shuttles in town to cart you around. It's a 5 minute drive over the bridge into town if you prefer to have your car.

We had breakfast in the Aqua Star and it was good . They really need a kids menu at the pool bar though. I had to practically beg the server to ask the kitchen to make my child a grilled cheese sandwhich.

Although we haven't had time to utilize it I read there are blue trails and a family friendly golf course on property too. We will stay here every time we come to Savannah!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Floridabeacbum
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated you found our service and amenities to your liking. I am happy that your kids enjoyed the ferry to River Street-it can be a real treat. We strive to provide positive and memorable guest experiences and I am elated you found your stay comfortable. Please feel free to contact me directly at david.moses@westin.com so we can find a way to get you into the Heavenly Spa on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.