I felt that there were many instances of "nickel and diming"us at this hotel. To give some examples:
A lot of these services should be free or at least reduced in price:
1. Using the business center. We had to print out some tickets so we used the computer and printer at the business center. It was $5.95 for every 15 minutes at the computer and it cost to print. For the prices we paid, this service should absolutely be free.
2. Valet parking. The parking lot is a bit of a walk from the hotel and you will most likely to driving to get anywhere, as there is nothing else on the island. It cost $23 a night to valet park.
3. Use of the cabanas. The cabanas at the pool cost $125 per day to rent, I have never seen it this high before.
4. Continental Breakfast. The continental was exactly what you would get for free at a lower end hotel, except that you pay $14.99 for it.
5. “Resort Fee”. A $20/night “resort fee” was added to the room every night; there is no explanation as to why.
6. Expensive in-room movies. We wanted to watch a movie one night until we noticed the one we selected would be $17.99 to watch! We found out that you can buy it online for $14.
1. The hotel is located across the river from Savannah. If you want to do anything, you will either have to drive across the bridge or take the free ferry. It was a hassle to have to do this every time we wanted to go somewhere and it would have been nice to be on the other side.
2. The fitness center and spa are a 5 minute shuttle ride away.
1. They played the music quite loudly in the pool area. One day it was country, the next it was the Lion King Soundtrack? Either way it wasn’t relaxing to hear it.
2. The rooms and bathrooms were small compared with other hotels of a similar price range.
3. The staff wasn’t very friendly. They were not rude, but they didn’t go out of their way to be polite, like I have seen at other hotels. The housekeepers and breakfast waiters were much friendlier than other staff members.
I will say that the grounds and pool area were beautifully done. However, from what I could see, there were a lot of nice hotels in Savannah and we will definitely stay at another one when we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin