Savannah is a beautiful and historic city, but also is "fashionably seedy", and in some cases well worn. Just a short hop across the river, the Westin is a manicured resort reminiscent of Florida's high end manicured hotels. It sits on the Savannah River offering an excellent view of the river front city without the grunge of being right there. Even better, there is a free ferry that can have you walking River Street in less than five minutes. Sitting on the patio by the river when a freighter comes by is awesome.
Rooms are large and well appointed, as are the bathrooms. Beds are very comfortable. The large flat screen sits on a dresser that also boasts an elaborate multimedia input panel (HDMI, USB, Component inputs), and my favorite: plugs everywhere, even a powered USB port. Geek city. Unfortunately, this capable TV is not hooked to a digital source so the stations available look pretty bad. This extends to sports as Monday night football was not available since the channel isn't available. The remote didn't work but you're not going to spend much time in the room anyway.
Guests have access to the fitness center in the golf club. It's very good, but a 5 minute walk or car ride away. That's okay in nice weather, but can be a deterrent to going. Also, there is nothing on the island except the Westin, the convention center next door, and the associated golf course. You'll have to take the ferry or drive to do anything else.
There is a nice restaurant and a small bar/lounge area. There are several meeting rooms with the connecting halls and lobby very comfortably and attractively decorated. It's easy to feel at home here. The first floor has a number of comfortable sitting areas.
Epic Fail: I was on the 14th floor leaving at 8 am to catch a flight home. After a lengthy wait and no elevator, I called the front desk to find that all four elevators were under repair with no estimated time to complete. I'm 61, fortunately in good shape, but carrying two healthy suitcases down 14 flights of steps pretty much ended the joy of the stay. Like many higher end properties, the staffs are not trained in how to handle non routine problems. Surely they could have left messages on their phone system to alert guests. This would have eliminated the needless wait wondering when the elevator was coming. When on a schedule, this matters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin