I decided to take my girlfriend away for a nice weekend to Savannah. It was our first trip to the area, and wanted a resort type facility with a nice spa instead of the traditional b & b. Chose the Westin based on reviews and reputation. I have to say I was HUGELY disappointed. We arrived at 6:20pm Friday, only to be told the room was not ready and it would be at least an additional hour before we could check in. No apology was offered, just a come back in an hour. I literally stood there with my jaw hanging to the ground. I received better customer service at a La Quinta! After approximately 90 minutes, I received a phone call our room was ready. The room we were assigned, room 1001, was a big disappointment. There was peeling paint in the bathroom shower area, the refridgerator did not cool, and the damper for the air condition banged everytime the A/C, which would wake anyone up. Additionally, our river view room overlooking the pool area showed how the pool had not been cleaned in awhile. We spoke to the front desk and the lady just looked at us as if we were crazy and offered no resolution.
We woke up Saturday, and decided to try the Aqua Star restaurant for breakfast, since there were some decent reviews online for the Sunday jazz brunch. It was a big disappointment as well. The buffet was ice cold, and the coffee they claimed to be starbuck tasted as if it was two weeks old.
The only saving grace to the hotel was the spa. We had a couples massage at the spa, and were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived at the spa. The staff and service they delivered was outstanding.
For the amount of a room here, skip it. There are much better places to stay than the Westin. It certainly is not up to par with normal Westin standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin