2,248 results
All reviews across the river free ferry resort fee aqua star ferry ride ferry service midnight sun water ferry heavenly bed river street convention center beautiful resort runs every minutes hutchinson island a river view room high floor self parking
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa is one of my favorite hotels in Savannah. The Heavenly Beds, Heavenly Shower, Spa and AquaStar restaurant are only a few of the great amenities that the Westin Savannah offers. I celebrated my birthday here and the staff was absolutely incredible. They made sure that everything was up to par and also that my deliveries for my birthday reached me in a timely fashion. The shuttle service to the spa was timely and the spa services that I received were some of the best that I have ever had. The AquaStar seafood buffet on Saturday night has some of the best crab legs and shrimp and grits that I have ever tasted. Thank you Westin for making my birthday special for my friends and I! Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We paid a little extra to have a balcony room facing the river.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GL0betrotter02
WestinSav, Mark Spadoni, General Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review. I am pleased to hear such nice comments surrounding your recent stay with us. I am glad we were able to help you celebrate your birthday and hope to have to opportunity to help you celebrate many more to come!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Westin for 2 nights for a meeting. What a lovely property-from the lobby to the rooms to the awesome pool. It is directly across the river from River Street and complete with a free ferry to shuttle you back and forth. There are bikes to use to see the island. I highly recommend this hotel. It's really nice because you are in downtown Savannah, but it's so much quieter on the hotel side of the river. You hop the ferry to experience the hustle and bustle that is River Street, but afterwards you can escape and enjoy a quiet, relaxing night. A special thank to Deona (or Deondra), she was awesome! We checked in after our host had retired for the evening, but she took care of us and made it a stress free process.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I appreciate your recommendations of our hotel and hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future. I am pleased to hear such nice compliments about Deona and will be sure to share them with her. We are proud to have her on our team. Once again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family stayed for 2 nights in mid-August. We were on a trip to visit colleges and we had the whole family along. The Westin property is just beautiful and its location across the river from downtown Savannah provides outstanding riverfront and city skyline views. A free city ferry regularly goes back and forth across to the city ferry landing at the foot of Bull St., the heart of the waterfront district and Savannah's central street. Not only convenient, but a lot of fun for children. The pool area was extremely well appointed with excellent food and drinks available poolside. The Westin had something for everyone: golf, tennis, swimming, a spa, a beautiful gift shop with everything from souveniers to jewelry to resortwear. There is a fleet of bicycles that are free for guest use on the island and that's how we chose to explore and go back and forth to the golf course. The staff was extremely friendly, yet professional, and the room had the most comfortable bed that I had slept in in a long time. We are definitely going back and next time for more than two nights.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris R
WestinSav, Mark Spadoni, General Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for sharing such an outstanding review. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. It sounds like you all had such a wonderful experience while at our resort. We hope that if travels bring you back to Savannah, we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went to a business meeting at this resort. Yes, of course, it was a lovely hotel. The rooms were quiet, the parking was easy and the A/C in the room made little or no noise. In addition, everyone was very very helpful. There is a nice, regularly scheduled (and free) water taxi to take you across the river to old Savannah, where there are many sights to see and wonderful little shops & restaurants. Other than a rapidly moving downpour on the way to dinner one evening - which I have a hard time blaming on the hotel :-) - the visit was perfect.

Room Tip: I had a very comfortable corner room facing away from the river. The folks on the river side liked the view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments. I appreciate hearing such nice compliments about your recent stay and am most pleased to hear that our staff made you feel like royalty. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is across the river in Savannah from the famous River Street, but there's a free ferry connection that runs every 20-30 minutes to get back and forth from town. The resort itself is comprehensive, offering bikes for use as well as the golf course on the property. The island is a lovely break from River Street. We did not eat dinner at the hotel, but the crabmeat and spinach omelet at breakfast was excellent. Ask for a river view room to get the beautiful night view of Savannah, and during the day, it is interesting to watch the container ships from all over the world coming into the harbor.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a River View room on a higher floor!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyhoma

Thank you for sharing such a nice review of our resort and some of the amenities we offer. We truly have the most amazing picturesque view of River Street and I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy it from a River view room. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort...