We generally go south a few times a year both on business and pleasure. When we drive rather than fly we have stopped in Savannah but this resort seemed a bit out of the way ( given that one of us, is focused on our ultimate destination : )
On our last trip we decided to try out this hotel and it was an excelent decision. The location on the river across from the city affords a beautiful view of the skyline and the ocean going ships that pass in front of the hotel. The hotel wisely has bistro tables and chairs on the many room balconies to enjoy the view. ( We enjoyed it from inside the room in spite of a light rain).
The combobar/bistro on the first floor has outdoor seating but is a bit small and could be crowded in inclement weather. Room service had similar food so we opted for it. A former reviewer wasn't happy so perhaps the hotel management took note as we had an excellent experience and we're discriminating. One of us had a Grouper Reuben and the other had Salmon on a bed of spinach with pomegranate sauce. We were told it would take 35 minutes and it arrived on time,hot and perfectly cooked. We were on the 15th floor which is a good distance from the kitchen; Clarence our congenial waiter hustled to serve us.
We left early in the morning and the car valet/bellhop had our car out waitng as he cheerfully
took our bags and bade us goodbye. As we left the lobby, we took a quick last look at the many creative gingerbread houses that had been part of a local contest and gave a festive air to the hotel. It was a great experience overall and we'll be back to enjoy it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin