Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
East Bay Inn(Savannah)
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,149 results
All reviewsacross the riverfree ferryresort feeaqua starferry rideferry servicemidnight sunwater ferryriver streetconvention centerheavenly bedbeautiful resortruns every minuteshutchinson islanda river view roomhigh floorself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I spent 5 nights here. Checked in on a Friday and since we are SPG Gold members we had a great rate with a discount. The room was great, 1501 which was on the corner of the building, facing the Savannah River with a balcony. Only the tops floors, 16 being the top floor, have balconies and it was nice to be able to have coffee out there in the morning. The size of the room was nice and the interior of the entire hotel was well maintained and clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The shower was clean and well maintained.

The day we arrived we had a couples massage booked. We arrived early to take advantage of the steam room and sauna. The men's steam room was broken at the time. The sanctuary waiting area was kinda uncomfortable since it is both ladies and gents, sitting in lounge chairs in a small room looking right at each other. Not very relaxing when you have very little privacy. The couples massage was relaxing. Mine was very good and she worked my muscles and removed any knots. My husbands massage was relaxing but in a more of a "let me just rub my hands on you" kinda way. He was expecting more...and needed it. The cost would expect that all of the masseuses would be able to do a deep tissue massage. I also had a 60 min facial, which was relaxing but my skin did not look much different afterwards. I would save your money.

One cute idea was there are bikes at the hotel which you can ride back and forth to the spa / golf club also a racetrack near by you can bike around (2miles). Cute, in theory, but the bikes were not well kept so felt a little out of whack to actually do any real exercise biking on. The handle bars were not clean and all metal parts we rusted. It was fine to use to go to the spa, but not much farther.

The pool:
The size of the pool area is nice. The pool and hot tub are situated nicely, overlooking the river. The pool itself was clean, but the surrounding areas needed some love. The cushions for the lounges need a cleaning, even the cabanas which you had to pay $50.00 or $75.00 half/full day were not well kept. Seeing furniture piled on top one another is not very presentable to customers. The cushions were filthy - which was overall ok, since you put towels over the entire thing to protect them or you! The umbrellas were never put up. The furniture was very haphazardly placed. Overall, it just needed some cleaning and organizing.
Off of the pool area there is a poll table and foosball table, which were fun on a rainy day when you still wanted to spend time in the outdoors. The Midnight Sun cafe- again needed some cleaning. The upholstery was black on the arms on some of the sofas, which is just not acceptable for a hotel of this caliber.

Aqua Star restaurant was nice the food was great and the wait staff was nice..after a bit of a rough start. They had tables already set up for breakfast, so instead of removing two mugs and some napkins they sat us in a two top away from the window. The best seats are near the windows over looking the river and you are not going to let a two top sit there? Especially when there are only 5 tables of customers in the whole restaurant!??! They did finally move us and we were happy as could be! The food was great and fresh.

Overall The staff was always nice and attentive - always helpful. The interior of the hotel and room was clean and well maintained. The spa was nice but a bit overpriced for what you get. The location is great and you have access to the ferry that takes you across to Savannah.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: River side is a MUST! Top floors (15 and 16) most have balconies, but not all. Room 1501 was on the corner, so we had a view from two sides- looking at the river and along the river.
2  Thank slcsav
WestinSav, Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and had a wonderful view. It truly is relaxing to sit on your balcony enjoying a cup of coffee taking in the view of the Savannah River and River Street. I appreciate your feedback regarding some of the issues you delt with, and have shared them with the appropriate department heads. We are working dilligently to resolve each issue and either it has been repaired or is in the process of being repaired. It is through concerned guests sharing feedback that gives us the opportunity to improve and we are truly thankful for you giving us the opportunity to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

The Westin hotel was welcoming from the second we walked through the door. The public space is a perfect area to gather with friends. Each of the restaurants has awesome food. Be sure to go to the Sunday brunch at Aqua. The selection of foods is vast - from sushi, breakfast items, pasta bar, bananas foster bar and more! Complimentary ferry to River Street is available at no charge. A 10 - 20 minute wait, depending upon the time of day. The housekeeping staff was quiet and efficient. Asking us when we entered the hallway if we needed service or fresh terry. (We had a do not disturb posted). Take time to enjoy some of the morning and afternoon events the staff has available - Scavenger hunt, Morning swim for adults only, S'mores by the fire pit in the evening.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side offer a great view of Savannah, not to mention the cargo container ships. Rooms on the 14th floor - 16th floor have balconies.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am pleased to hear such nice things about how welcoming our staff is. It truly is a great view of a great city. I am glad you were able to enjoy our award winning Sunday Jazz Brunch as well as some of the Resort activities we offer. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you return for a future visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

When I arrived the hotel is situated on Hutchinson Island across from Downtown Savannah. They offered a convenient free shuttle to the mainland. The lobby was impeccable and check in was easy and quick.
The ambiance and decor was really nice and it was easy to navigate the hotel. My room was a double bed room and the decor was modern and comfortable. I had a great view of the harbor and Savannah bridge. I was there for a conference and the meeting rooms were right there in the hotel and easy to get to in a timely manner.

The pool was a big pool and you get a great view of Downtown Savannah across the harbor, you can get food and drink service there. The hotel offers bicycles in the entrance for you to ride around the Island or their personal track that was along the Golf course which was had a great view of the hotel, bridge, and the Capital Dome.

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin in Savannah Harbor. Everything was great and the accommodations with the Heavenly beds are super comfortable. I would suggest this for any visitor.

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your recent stay with us. It is so nice to hear that you had such a wonderful time and that you enjoyed our Resort as much as you did. It is always our goal to get it right in everyway each and everytime and I am so happy to know that we were able to acommplish that for you! Please be sure to visit us again! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

convenient with water taxi service. Usual Westin type good bed. Clean. Could have been a great hotel if service was better. Hallways are noisy- not from running kids, but from housekeeping personnel, including supervisors, yelling at each other from both ends of the hall. Don't count on an afternoon rest.....

Amenities: lemonade at reception, but alas- all the cups are gone. Reception has no clue where cups are.... Oh, well, perhaps I expect too much....

Room amenities are skimpy, no shower cap. Resort fee. free internet that works. Perhaps this is as best as you get in Savannah...

Room Tip: river view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinSav, Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful views of the river and of Savannah. I am also glad to know that you found our Heavenly beds to be so comfortable. I truly appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with the appropriate department managers so they can use it to make improvements in those areas. Once again we thank you for choosing the Westin, and for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Loved our room with a view of the river and historical district of Savannah. It was a real treat to see enormous barges pass by early in the morning heading toward the Atlantic.
The room was beautiful, bed could not have been more comfortable and the free ferry to River Street was a real plus.
The Westin restaurant was nice but the portions were small and a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple