Normally I wait a day or two after checkout to allow any little issues to fade into context, but this one is an exception. I am sitting in the hotel at 9:15 at night, wife in bed unable to sleep because of the loud music playing outside again tonight. We complained last night; we did likewise tonight. Loud music until 11 pm tonight (10 pm last night) is not conducive to restful sleep, and let's face it, the reason you have a hotel is TO SLEEP! Not here.
On the plus side, the hotel has an optional "green" program that rewards the guest for forgoing daily housekeeping. Most hotels simply beg you to reuse sheets and towels to save the environment (more realistically, to save the hotel money). The Westin pays you $5 per day for each day they do not have to service your room. They park a dirty linen bin and a trash bin in the hallway, and have clean towels and linens available, and you can ask the housekeeping department for coffee, cups, etc. That is a better way to do things.
The spa and fitness center are a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Fitness center is small and insufficiently air conditioned for warm days when you are working up a sweat. Spa managed to screw up my wife's appointments, but got mine right, albeit with an unscheduled 20-minute gap between massage and facial. All told, I'd rate the spa average, and definitely overpriced ($500 for the two of us in one afternoon).
The ferry across the river to the downtown area is free, and runs every 30 minutes (every 20 minutes after about 6 pm). Don't be late! We arrived twice as the crew was getting ready to cast off and were denied boarding each time. A half hour of sitting around in the heat is no fun.
Restaurants in the hotel need work. Our meal at Aqua Star (reviewed separately) was pretty miserable. Our last evening we walked around the pool area looking at what everyone else was having, and then decided to go into town instead. The food at the pool area did not look appetizing at all, and the guests seemed to be picking at it, rather than chowing down.
I started this review with an overall rating of average, but as I write, I realize that I really don't even like the place that much. It's missing the mark on too many facets.
Can't wait to leave tomorrow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin