“Great Girlfriend Getaway”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City
“Great Girlfriend Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Eight of my girlfriends and I stayed here for three nights to celebrate our 50th year. We had such a fabulous time. Savannah is a great city and this resort hotel was beautiful. We loved taking the ferry across the Savannah River to downtown. Just a two minute ride. SOOOO lovely. Hotel staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. We all also had amazing massages at the hotel spa.

Some of the girls took a room with the river view which was nice.

We had a grand time! I can't wait to go back with my family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
WestinSav, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We are so happy that we were able to share in such a momentous occasion!! I am also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy amazing massages at our Heavenly Spa. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and we are truly happy to know we were able to help make it a special weekend for you and your girlfriends. We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit again with your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

The Westin was beautiful and we really had a great time except when we returned home to find we were charged $169. that was not explained. We did however get a folio of $130, which was charged to the credit card given at the time of check-in and we do not have a problem with the amount as everything for that charge was accounted for. I have since called and spoke with the a/r person who said she would take the $169. off the bill. Five days later this charge is still there and today the amount was also deducted from my checking account along with the $130. I was informed that they charged me $50. per night for our guests who only stayed overnight. Will not return...........................

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
WestinSav, Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed the Resort. I apologize for the problem you exprienced with billing. It usually takes 5-7 business days before you will see a credit on your account from your credit card company. If this is not the case, and you have not received the credit we want to make sure that your charge of $169 has been credited and your folio is correct. I would welcome you to contact our billing department, or our office manager by calling 912-201-2000. We look forward to hearing from you.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

When researching a hotel for Savannah I was interested in a B&B at first until I found the Westin! This was once of the nicest places I have ever stayed. The grounds were beautiul, the rooms were beautiful, clean, roomy and the food delicious. I was alittle concerned that the hotel was across the river and removed from town but they have a water shuttle that was alot of fun and transported you every 20 minutes and only took 5 minutes to get there. After a long day walking around Savannah in the heat it was nice to have their outdoor pool to relax and have a drink overlooking the river. This would be my number 1 hotel to stay at in Savannah.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lloita99
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay, and truly appreciate your wonderful comments. I am glad that you were able to relax in our outdoor pool that overlooks the beautiful Savannah River and historic River Street. We are thrilled to know we are your number one choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Harrisburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort and Spa more than words can say. The service was great. I was greated and when i submitted my id...it was immediatly recgonized that it was my birthday. The manager checked me in was was more than kind.
The Room over ex ceeded my expectations. the room was large and spacious. The bed was just as it is named...HEAVENLY!!! I was able to sleep late and really get some rest.
The room even had fresh air. there was no mildew or hotel smell. It was just clean air.

The servers were great. room service was ok...not worth the money. But promt and on time. I enjoyed my stay and cant wait to go back. I loved it!

Room Tip: great discount directly from hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
WestinSav, Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay and your wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We have a wonderful front desk team, and I am so happy to hear they were able to help make your experience memorable. We hope that you will continue to visit our resort, and welcome you back to celebrate many more birthdays with us!
Savannah Area, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is a nice location. We had a lovely room overlooking the river. The staff was very helpful and courteous. While we didn't have the opportunity to use the pool and marina facilities, they are well maintained and very nice. We were there to attend a meeting, and the facilites and food were amazing. Everything was hot and fresh and delicious! Great job! The only complaint I have is the value. I believe $250 plus a resort fee is too high a price point for this location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with our facilities and with our staff. We hope that you and your family will plan another trip where you will be able to stay with us and enjoy some of the other amenities our resort has to offer such as our beautiful pool, Heavenly Spa, tennis and our 18-hole championship golf course. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

This is a very beautiful hotel across the river from downtown Savannah. Stayed there for a girl friend weekend. Services were outstanding, people were nice, helfpful and so competent at the hotel, especially Andrew at front desk and Merry at concierge desk. Food was extremely good at the restaurant, pool looked divine although we did not get to go in. The Spa was outstanding. I have nothing but good things to say and my friend and I will definitely be back. Also, the people of Savannah are so friendly, it really made the experience that much sweeter.

Room Tip: Ask for river view and balcony if you can get it.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful weekend! Our location is one of a kind with a picture perfect view of the Savannah River and Historical River Street. We are happy to hear that you had the opportunity to experience true Southern Hospitality, Savannah Style! It brings us great pleasure to know that we have outstanding associates and are proud that Andrew and Merry were able to help make your weekend an enjoyable experience. We would love for you and your friends to return to Savannah soon and stay with us again. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience with us.
Ocean, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Just got home from staying at the Westin Savannah and I had such a wonderful time I had to write about it! The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff is so nice and helpful, many of them took time to draw on a map all their favorite spots to check out. Absolutely loved that they had fresh delicious lemonade out in the lobby for everyone to enjoy and loved that they had a Starbucks. The room we stayed in was beautiful and very comfortable. It was very clean and had a great view of the river. Also the Westin lotions, soaps, and other products smell awesome and the room service is great too! Overall just loved the hotel and would definitely recommend it the only thing I would suggest is trying to stay there during the week. We left Saturday morning and we were happy that we had stayed there during the week because the hotel got very crowded for the weekend.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a river view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Col9595
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time! I am pleased to hear that our staff was attentive and able to show you some of the local favorites. I am glad you enjoyed your guest room and found it to be very comfortable and refreshing with our signature White Tea fragrance. Thank you for such wonderful comments about our resort. We truly appreciate and value you as our guest, welcome you back in the future!