“DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME”

Juarez Meican Restaurant
Ranked #506 of 901 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A friend and I went to the restaurant on a Tuesday night. The service was awful! We waited about five minutes to be seated. Once we were seated it took at least ten minutes to get someone to take our drink order. The food was just ok... The cheese dip came put lukewarm. Kept running out of drink. Saw our waitress three times? Awful place.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

There's a large basement area that served our group's needs very well. The servers worked very hard to provide fast and friendly service, and the building itself is quite a view from outside. I highly recommend the strawberry margarita. The price was reasonable for the downtown area, but parking is street parking only as far as I could tell, and that may involve a bit of a walk depending on what time you try to go.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Had happy hour here with friends. Drinks are weak and over priced. I had the strawberry daiquiri and my friends had margaritas. The food is bland and nothing to get excited about. Most of the items are frozen instead if made in house. The salsa was great, but I'm afraid that's all that was better than average. There are lots of other Mexican restaurants in downtown area, try of those instead.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Had the lunch buffet, located in basement of what I later find out is a haunted area of Savannah per Al Cobb's book "Savannah's Ghosts" chapter 17. Anyway, the food was excellent and 4 people ate with tip for $32.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Favorite local Mexican restaurant ~ locals love it.