“Great way to start the trip!”

Plantation Carriage Tours
Ranked #64 of 141 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Plantation Carriage offers fifty minute fully-narrated tours of the downtown Historic District. You will pass squares, houses, monuments, and museums, and hear about the history of Savannah from founding til modern day. The tour guides are not restricted by script or specific route, which allows them to answer any questions you may have or sometimes customize the route to include your points of interest. Well behaved dogs are also allowed on board.
Jacksonville, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great way to start the trip!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My mother and I arrived in Savannah around 5pm, and decided to visit the City market District. We had no intentions of taking the carriage ride because we had a 90 minute trolley tour scheduled for the next morning. After we found out that the 50 minute tour would cover 20 - 25 blocks in the historic district, we decided that it would be worth the $22. Jacky was our tour guide and she was wonderful! We got a great overview of the city, its layout, history, and some trivia. The tour was done with a lot of humor and was very personable. Everyone on the tour felt comfortable to ask questions, and we even met someone's pet macaw! I recommend this tour to anyone.

Visited March 2012

Wichita, Kansas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Enjoyable tour of Savannah”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

After dining on River Street in the evening we walked up to City Market and were pleasantly surprised to find that horse-drawn carriage rides were still going on, even at 8:30pm on a Monday evening in October. We had taken a motorized tour several years ago, in the daytime, and I have to say I enjoyed the evening tour much better. Our driver/guide was pleasant and informative and we enjoyed her a lot. She veered from "script" and made the trip interesting and fun.

Visited October 2011
Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Tour with a great young lady”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I took the tour this afternoon. The hostess was a young lady that was very knowledgeable about the city and the city history. She did mention the government buildings and her dislike for the style. I can appreciate her viewpoint and I appreciate her not holding back on this part of the history of Savannah. Thank you for a very pleasant evening on our 30th wedding anniversary..

Owensboro,KY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had Erin as a tour guide and really enjoyed her. She gives you lots of history of the different buildings with humor mixed in. We did pass by the federal building and what she pointed out was they were not designed like everything else in the area. They really do stick out. She also did explain how they take care of the horses and how much rest they get. I think this is probably required to show how they do not mistreat the animals because people go get upset about those things. But my experience has been that most places that deal with animals are starting to say the same things. They are located at the end of the City Market and cost is $20 for about one hour. I recommed taking some type of tour before you start exploring on your own.

Nashville,TN
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Interesting information mixed with a bit of negativity.”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We took the tour with Erin and Rowdy while we visited Savannah. When she asked us if there was anything we would especially like to see, we said the highlights. Erin began the tour discussing how well Rowdy was taken care of and the history of Savannah. Lots of interesting historical information and she added great humor to it. She was very good with Rowdy as well. Loved when she took us up Jones Street. The negativity came in when she took us through the Government building area. She went into depth about how much she did not like the buildings. She had a choice of where to take us since we had asked for the highlights. If she did not care for those buildings, we did not need to see them. She left us with a bit of a negative feeling after the trip. She also compared how well they took care of the horses compared to other carriage companies. Again, we are probably only taking one carriage tour, so no need to denegrate another company. I would encourage others to take the tour but be specific about where and what you would like to see.

3 Thank Judybat16