“Nice place”

Congress Street Social Club
Ranked #222 of 888 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Once three men had the most beautiful dream a man can have, a social club where all men can sit down together at the table of brotherhood, eat, drink and be merry.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stopped to have a drink - sat at the bar and the bartender was fast and friendly - almost forgot the whipped cream on my irish coffee, but was quick to make up for it. Didn't have any food, but saw several plates and they looked very tasty. We'll be back again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Came here because of the reviews on trip advisor. When we arrived there was live music in the outdoor bar area. It was a plesant evening but we had just walked seven blocks to get there so we chose to sit inside in the air conditioner. There seemed to be only one waitress but she was running her booty off and was really attentive and had a lot of energy. We chose the chips and trio app, which was Pico,guacamole,and warm queso dips. The pico was good and fresh, the cheese dip was really good but the guacamole was possibly the best I've ever had. My oldest daughter got the disaster bowl and it was really good she practically licked the bowl. My younger daughter had the souther salad which was good and fresh. My husband had the beef on wick w onion rings and the el scortcher taco both were really good. I had the gambler burger w onion rings. The onion rings are huge and gorgeously crispy and the burger was a perfect medium well, just slightly pink in the middle it had cheese bacon and some great BBQ sauce on it. The burger and rings were so big that I only ate half the burger and four of the rings. I took the rest home and re warmed it later that night and shared a few bites with my husband even though I didn't want to share it was so yummy. We got the appetizer, four meals, side taco,two dos equis(beers),a Stella atois (beer) and drinks four all four of us and left a good sized tip for less than $60 in downtown historic Savannah.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ordered dinner for delivery when we got back from Robin William's comedy show. The food was delivered fast and fresh. Definitely better than pizza!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place is pretty cool, the new owners and remodled and cleaned it up and added a beautiful outdoor bar. The drinks prices are average. The crowd is usually younger, (20's). It used to be more of a rock, punk type place, it's not anymore. Great live music

Reviewed February 24, 2013

On the evening of our arrival to Savannah, I went out to find something to bring back to the family for a quick supper. I wandered into the Social club mostly because it was appealing. The outdoor courtyard bar area seems like a fabulous place to pass an evening.

This particular night, however, it was pretty cold, and I was really just looking to hunt and gather for the family. The bartender was friendly, helpful, and super nice. I ordered a cocktail while I waited for the food and chatted happily with her. My impression while waiting was that this place holds the potential to be my regular place if I lived in Savannah. They have enough TVs to cover any sporting event you might want to watch, but there is also areas where you can sit and be social. There are pool tables and darts inside and a very well stocked bar. But my visit was only quick enough to get the take-out food.

I didn't have any expectations for the food (just looking to fill the void for the kids). But the sandwiches turned out to be delicious. So good in fact that my son begged to have another pulled pork sandwich the next day for lunch. I was happy to oblige.

I'm looking forward visiting Savannah again and spending some time in that courtyard.