“Less Than Impressive”
Review of Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse - CLOSED

Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Savannah's brand new dinner theatre presented by Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse with southern fare by Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons Restaurant! "There's a Bomb on Trolley 409!" is a tour-de-farce comedy about the worst tour of Savannah, guaranteed!" While we entertain, enjoy Paula's southern dinner buffet! Shows weekly at The Lady & Sons Restaurant located in the gorgeous Historic district of Savannah.
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My wife and I attended the comedy/mystery dinner theater production of "There is a Bomb on Trolley 409!" in the basement of Lady and Sons Restaurant. Unfortunately, we can't recommend this dinner theatre performance.

We bought our tickets online, and the tickets advised us to come early and check in with the hostess. The tickets were for 6:30 PM, so we dutifully arrived at 6:15 and the hostess outside told us to go into the gift shop and into a waiting room next to the gift shop. We did that, and we waited in a crowded room that had insufficient seating. 6:30 came and went, and I was starting to wonder if I was in the correct place. There was a hostess inside the room who was running in and out, but she was not putting out any information to the customers about the dinner theatre. I finally caught her attention and asked her if we were in the right place and she said yes, but that the dinner buffet was not ready. She did not provide additional detail about when the buffet would be ready or when we would be seated. At this point I felt a bit like a herd animal, and my wife (a real Paula Dean fan) was starting to mumble about trying to get our money back. It didn't help that I have a bad back that is aggravated by continuous standing.

We were eventually taken downstairs for seating between 6:45 and 6:50. The dinner buffet was plentiful, but nothing special, particularly compared to the truly outstanding food you can get elsewhere in Savannah. And the theatre performance was totally unimpressive. The actors were exuberant, but no one in the audience was laughing. Not me, not my wife --- and not anyone else that I could see. I am not sure whether it was the actors or the script, or a combination, but the play just wasn't funny -- it was boring.

Altogether, "Bomb on Trolley 409" is not worth the 40 plus dollars you have to pay for the combined buffet/show.

13  Thank Paul5795
ScogginsB, Owner at Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

We greatly regret that your experience with us was such a disappointing one and we apologize for your long and uncomfortable wait. We thank you for taking a chance of trying something new and are sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Scoggins Berg

Reviewed September 30, 2011

The only good thing about the show was being able to try some southern cooking through the buffet without having to order each item not knowing if you will like it. The show was not funny and the performers were awful. Don't waste your time or your money.

9  Thank Bruce H
ScogginsB, Owner at Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

We are very sorry that you were so disappointed with our show and felt your time and money was wasted. We value your opinion and feedback.

Scoggins Berg

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Amazing show at an amazing restaurant! I couldn't ask for more out of an evening. The food was top notch, exactly what you would expect from Paula Dean - Golden fried chicken cooked to perfection. As much as I like the food, the performance was the true star of the night! I laughed the entire time and actually learned a lot about Savannah's history along the way. Defiantly a great place to take a date. Highly recommend to those looking to escape the old dinner/movie routine.

2  Thank Ace_Acumen
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I walked right in..no waiting in long lines to eat at Paula Deans! This comedy production is a must see for anyone new to Savannah, or a local who loves to remember the best of Savannah's history. The acting is absolutely professional.. I haven't laughed that hard in years.. And being from Boston, I really got a chance to learn about Savannah's history.
It was for sure the best attraction I found in all of Savannah. Check it out.

2  Thank chrissy4peace