“Light-hearted fun, delicious food, nice people, and great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse - CLOSED

Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Savannah's brand new dinner theatre presented by Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse with southern fare by Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons Restaurant! "There's a Bomb on Trolley 409!" is a tour-de-farce comedy about the worst tour of Savannah, guaranteed!" While we entertain, enjoy Paula's southern dinner buffet! Shows weekly at The Lady & Sons Restaurant located in the gorgeous Historic district of Savannah.
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Light-hearted fun, delicious food, nice people, and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

The dinner theatre at Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse at Lady & Sons Restaurant in Savannah is a total hoot! Paula Dean's cooking is delicious Southern fare, the opening vocalist has talent-plus, and the players are silly and funny. My eight cousins and I had a ball! I would advise theatre-goers to first enjoy a trolley ride around Savannah and listen closely to the driver's narration of the history of the city. Most of the jokes by the goofy trolley driver in the play were based on historical facts that he skillfully twisted and turned into his own "facts." Very funny!

Visited July 2011

Fort Myers, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not worth the money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

The food was plentiful, but typical buffet fare and not the quality I expected at Lady and Sons Restaurant. Dessert came at the show's intermission, but you only got one very small portion of one item (choice of 3). They didn't even serve coffee.

The show was supposed to be a comedy, but I don't think anyone laughed during the entire thing. It was like a grade school play, poorly written and not at all funny. I actually felt sorry for the actors having to make the most of this.

At $44 per person, it was not at all worth it.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank OlderWiserSmart
ScogginsB, Owner at Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
We are very sorry that you were so thoroughly disappointed in our dinner theatre experience. Your comments and feedback are highly valued. It is our ultimate goal to serve you well and entertain you and we regret not being able to fulfill that with you.
Bluffton, South Carolina
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

What sounded like a great idea turned out to be very disappointing. This was a comedic play set in the basement of The Lady & Sons Restaurant, with family style dinner served before the beginning of the play, and dessert during the intermission. The food was just like the buffet served at the restaurant - and so delicious (especially the fried chicken). But the performance of "There's a Bomb on Trolley 409" was awful to watch, so very amateurish, and not much action. The three of us sat at a table for 10, and our dinner companions felt the same as we did. The only rating I feel it deserves is 2 stars, and that is simply because the meal was so good.

3 Thank bunnyyoop
ScogginsB, Owner at Hard Hearted Hannah's Playhouse, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our dinner theatre. We are very glad you enjoyed the dinner and apologize for not delivering an equally enjoyable performance. Our ultimate goal is to serve, entertain, and enhance your Savannah experience. As always, we will continue to reflect, assess, and craft what we do in order to deliver a top-qaulity dinner theatre experience.
Savannah, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wasn't sure what to expect- had a tremendous experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

I had not heard much at all about this dinner theater but I saw a brochure for it and decided to give it a go. Sure glad I did!
The venue for this theater is the lower floor of The Lady & Sons restaurant. The area can best be described as quaint- it is an area small enough that the actors can be heard without artificial amplification, yet large enough not to be cramped. Not a bad seat in the house.
Dinner was the first item on the agenda and it demonstrated why people come from all 50 states to dine at Lady & Sons. It was so good that it makes the diner almost hurt themself by trying to stuff in more than they should. Delicious!
The theater portion began with a great rendition of Hard Hearted Hannah and before long we were riding along in trolley 409 with our "confused" tour guide. His spurious descriptions of Savannah landmarks were hilarious and I could not wait for the next stop so I could hear what was next. The entertainment was intermeshed with the drama of the driver as he dealt with the knowledge of an onboard bomber. It made for an evening of fun.
The evening also provided one of the most delicious intermissions you're likely to ever enjoy: fresh desserts from Paula Deen's kitchen were served. I refused to allow the fact that I was stuffed prevent me from partaking in these delicious treats.
Overall, the evening was so enjoyable that I quickly booked 2 tickets to give to my mom for Mothers Day. What better endorsement can I give?

2 Thank savannahjohn
savannah, ga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT SHOW! Made my birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

This place was GREAT! My boyfriend took me here for my birthday and it was AWESOME! The service was great, the food was EXCELLENT (I highly recommend the gooey butter cake(I think thats what its called-its so good!) Anyways, the performance was great and had us laughing so hard. I think the woman across the room fell out of her seat a few times! The actors were phenomenal! Two of the actors sang happy birthday to me during the intermission and it was so pretty! I felt so relax and really enjoyed myself at this place! I will be back for sure!

2 Thank dlc8675