“Good food, reasonable prices”

Cilantro's Grill and Cantina
Ranked #196 of 888 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014

If you're tired of seafood, this is a nice alternative. The food is good and very reasonable and the service was very good!

1  Thank Ghostwriter62

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I own a Savannah Menu card, so I was pleased to hear that there was a 40% discount for Premier members. My boyfriend and I arrived at 8:16 and went to the bar where there were a total of four customers (ourselves included) and 2 bartenders. We sat there for 10 minutes and were ignored. Instead of leaving, we asked the hostess if there was a server designated for outside and she replied that there was, so we asked her to lead the way. The waiter brought chips and salsa to our table and took our drink orders, I ordered the Cosmo and he ordered a Sweetwater 420. When the waiter came back, he accidentally spilled the bottle of beer (which I can relate to, being that I am also a server and that trays are very testy) so we decided to put in our order. I ordered the Seafood Enchiladas for myself and the Texas Fajitas for my boyfriend. We noticed that a couple that had came in after us had already received their food and thought it odd that we had not yet received ours. At 8:40 the server came back and told us that he forgot our order, so we told him what we wanted again (this is what irritated us the most). Our drinks had been gone for ten minutes while our server ignored us, so we ordered water instead of alcohol when he finally made his way back. I could understand if the place was busy, but it really wasn't. Our food came out in an appropriate time frame (less than 15 minutes) and it was delicious. We received our check and tipped the server 20% after our discount was applied, but I honestly think that was too generous. I won't go back there, it's not worth being ignored.

1  Thank debra0417
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I was so excited to return to Cilantro's. We had visited 3 years ago and it was terrific. Today's visit was ok. The food was ok. The service was ok. The restaurant was not as clean. The seat of my chair was so stained I was hesitant to sit. I can't tell you how disappointed I was. There are so many choices to eat in savannah. Next time we will try some place else.

1  Thank LLTwigg
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was one of the best mexican-style restaurants I've eaten at. The food was awesome and the service was great! Very enjoyable and they have happy hour from 4-7.

2  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Staff was friendly & seated us quickly. Food was very good, their salsa was quite good too. My only disappointment was the PLASTIC CHROME silverware- that was a first for me in a Mexican restaurant. It was difficult to cut my steak strips without fear of breaking the fork. Other than that, yes I'll definitely go back.