“Excellent Brunswick Stew” 4 of 5 bubbles

Papa's BBQ & Seafood
Ranked #164 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Papa's has been Making Hungry People Happy Since 1972. We take pride in serving quality smoked meats, fresh seafood and other fine foods. All of our bar-b-qued menu items are slow cooked right here in our wood-fired pit. Only the freshest Shrimp, Flounder, Tilapia and Oysters are prepared at Papa's. All of our Soups, Salads and Sandwiches are fresh made on site everyday and we also have a Kids Menu. Papa's BBQ & Seafood is a full service restaurant with a full bar. We can accommodate large parties and have plenty of free parking only minutes away from Downtown Savannah and Tybee Island.
Hendersonville
“Excellent Brunswick Stew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

During a recent vacation on Tybee Island, I wanted a barbeque sandwich. Since it was 8:15pm, I quickly drove to Papa's BBQ to see if I could make it before they closed. I got there close to closing, and the host was very welcoming, even though I was coming in right before they closed. The menu has lots of selection, but I went for the half sandwich and soup. The half sandwich was a small barbeque sandwich. For the soup I chose Brunswick Stew. The sandwich was really tasty, and I didn't mind the sauce at all. I've noticed other reviewers say the sauce isn't any good. Well, the sauce is on the side, so after tasting it, if you don't like it, don't use it! However, I must say that the Brunswick Stew was the BEST I've had in a long, long time. It was really thick, and full of meat and veggies and goodness. Once I tasted it, I wished I'd simply ordered a big bowl of the Brunswick Stew! I'll be visiting Savannah in spring, and plan to make a stop at Papa's again, just for that delicious stew!

Savannah, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in savannah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Savannah. They have been a favorite of mine for years!! Love the shrimp salad and chicken salad sandwiches and BBQ on 2 buns. Always look forward to my visits to Wilmington Island from Pooler to enjoy their great food and service. I also enjoy seeing the owners Frank and Judy. They are great people and do everything they can to ensure you enjoy your visit!!!

“Love Papa's!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Always the best! Thanks to Judy Ouzts, Johnny Keaton and the great staff at Papa's for the wonderful lunch! Our tour group from Indiana certainly enjoyed it!

Clayton, Georgia
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Not inedible, but nothing special. On advice of others, we had ribs. They were greasy and on the tough side. The red rice, which is a Savannah favorite, was dry and chewy. Wait staff was friendly, though seemed confused about our order. Used to frequent this place years ago in their old, smaller location. Hoping this was an off night.

“Don't”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Take out order of gumbo and salad. The gumbo was horrible! Had a tomato base and consisted of a lot of okra and a few rock hard shrimp. The salad consisted of lettuce and carrots, No tomatoes or cucumbers as stated on menu.

• Visited August 2013