“Student Artwork Displayed”
Review of SCAD Museum of Art

SCAD Museum of Art
Ranked #49 of 220 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: The SCAD Museum of Art was founded in 2002 as part of the Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia. The museum's collection of more than 4,500 pieces includes works of haute couture, drawings, painting, sculpture, photography, prints and more. The SCAD Museum of Art is a teaching museum, serving Savannah College of Art and Design students and as well as members of the community and other visitors. A focal point is the Walter O. Evans Center for African American Studies, a multidisciplinary center for the study, understanding and appreciation of African American culture, art and literature. It is complemented by the André Leon Talley Gallery, named for the Vogue contributing editor and SCAD Board of Trustees member.The museum also features a 250-seat theater, a terrace and outdoor projection screen, a conservation studio, a museum café, as well as a 12-foot-long orientation touch table. An 86-foot tall steel and glass lantern welcomes visitors and elegantly redefines the Savannah city skyline.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were only impressed with one of the exhibits at the SCAD Museum. I would not recommend anyone go out of their way to visit.

1  Thank goldilox057

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I loved wondering through SCAD. So much to see, so much creativity, so inspiring. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Savannah, as it was a real highlight for me. The museum is small, so it doesn't take long to visit - maybe an hour or so, depending on how long you linger.

1  Thank irispiral
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A delightful museum-going experience. Wonderful alternate use of space. Be sure to visit SCAD bookstore across the street.

1  Thank doffran
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Heard a lot about SCAD during our visit to Savannah. It's wonderful to hear how SCAD has helped to revitalize the city - it's really created a vibrant city, full of active streets with lots of eclectic night life. The ability of these students to create art that made a connection with those experiencing it is was what stood out. It was fun. And interactive - would like to go back when I visit Savannah again.

1  Thank AliMClarke
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Okay, so art is subjective and I admit, I didn't get all of the exhibits, but there was no shortage of amazing student art work in this museum. The time, energy, effort, and skill these students put into their work is amazing and I was honored to see it. My daughter is considering SCAD after graduation and seeing the work being produced here was a mark in its favor. I loved some of the composite work we saw and themed progressions. I was also quite taken with the white light exhibit and the Madonna tribute. I can only imagine the many man hours of editing that went into this project. I think my daughter could have spent all afternoon absorbed in the works on display. A great little gem and even better, they have a $20 family ticket that makes it an affordable way to expose your children to art.