“What a Wealth of Knowledge”

Southern Strolls Walking Tours
Ranked #26 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: History Tour 7 Days a week, 10am & 2pm, 2 Hours, $22 Adult/$11 Child ... Ghost Tour 7 Days a week, 8pm, 90-120 mins, $22 Adult/$11 Child ... Haunted Pub Tour Thr/Fri/Sat/Sun, 5:30pm, 2 Hours, $20 Adult (21+)
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My friend and I visited Savana in April and booked a private tour with Southern Strolls. We were so happy we did. Scott was so informative and gave us just the tour we were looking for. He knew the history of buildings and streets and made the whole city come alive. I felt like I was back in time and I could just picture the events of the past.
Scott also personalized the tour to our needs and what we wanted. For example we wanted to see the bench that Forrest Gump sat on with his box of chocolates and he took us to the square for our photo op.
I love Savana and have such a better understanding of this beautiful, southern city. If you can get Scott for your tour guide, do it. You won't regret it!

southernstrolls, Owner at Southern Strolls Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

It was all my pleasure and I'm very glad you enjoyed your tour!

There are newer reviews for Southern Strolls Walking Tours

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately tour was canceled because our guide accident. Accidents happen, as they say, so we were not upset.

We were extremely impressed by Scott's efforts to notify us of the cancellation prior to our tour. He sent 2 emails, a text, and made two phone calls to insure we would not show up, only to learn the tour had been canceled. He offered an alternative tour date or an immediate refund and we were issued a refund within an hour of my response. Now that is great service!

We certainly don't like to disappoint any of our Guests, but sometimes when unfortunate things happen we do like to be on top of things!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The ghost tour began at the tree where the first hanging occurred of a disloyal indentured servant who conspired to kill his master with his girlfriend. This established the tone for an informative personal tour that was replete with historical tidbits and references to paranormal activities at several locations on the tour. Scott is both personable and insightful which results the time flying by quickly. The tour ends at the locked gates of Colonial Cemetery which used to be open all day and night until the remnants animal sacrifices were found inside.

Thanks so much! We are glad you enjoyed the tour!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Scott was a very informative tour guide. He shared many stories of locations throughout the Historic District. Next thing we know almost two hours passed. Best part of the tour is its personalized touch. He purposely keeps tours small, to about a handful. In our case it was just my family. Look forward to revisiting some of the sites again during the day time as I have gained new insights from the stroll. Great evening!

I love it when when everyone is having such a great time on the tour and we realize that it's been a 2 hour tour!!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Scott is very personable. He makes the dark side of Savannah come to life. My wife, myself, our 17 and 13 year old sons took the tour last night. We enjoyed hearing about the haunted history of Savannah. Scott was very easy to talk to and you felt like you had known him for years. We would highly recommend this tour.

Thanks! I always try to make everyone as comfortable as possible while entertaining them!