“Didn't even scare the kids”

Southern Strolls Walking Tours
Ranked #34 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: History Tour 7 Days a week, 10am & 2pm, 2 Hours, $22 Adult/$11 Child ... Ghost Tour 7 Days a week, 8pm, 90-120 mins, $22 Adult/$11 Child ... Haunted Pub Tour Thr/Fri/Sat/Sun, 5:30pm, 2 Hours, $20 Adult (21+)
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 11, 2013

First let me say that our guide was very nice and likeable and I booked the ghost tour with Southern Strolls because I saw several reviews saying it was great for children. In all fairness it is very family friendly, perhaps too much so. This is a very economical option and honestly I didn't expect much in terms of a scare factor for myself but even my two girls were very bored.

I think I would have been satisfied if we felt that the history portion was up to speed but it was very generalized as well. We did stay for the entire tour as a courtesy but I would not recommend unless you are looking for a very vanilla, inexpensive option.

1  Thank Cindy P
southernstrolls, Owner at Southern Strolls Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with your tour. As you mentioned, we are a family friendly tour and I like to add history in my stories because all of our ghost legends are based on actual history, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are all scary. Most folks don't like to be really scared and generally enjoy the mixture of history and real ghost stories. Either way I appreciate the input and thank you for staying until then end of the tour.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Scott was great. He was very knowledgeable and informative. We did both the history and ghost tours and I would recommend 100%. The Ghost tour is great if you have kids too. Scott makes it fun and not too spooky!

Thanks so much for your nice review! I love it when folks take both the history and the ghost tour because I have so much information to give and Savannah is ever disappointing!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The tour guide was very knowledgeable and good at explaining the events. I would definitely suggest the tour compan and guide to my friends and family that were visiting the area.

Thanks so much for your review! We always enjoy it when people recommend us to other family members and friends!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was not my first Savannah Ghost Tour but I do have to say it was one of the best that I have been on. Very informative and detailed tour. You can tell that he enjoys what he does and that he puts a lot of work into giving a great tour to his guests. Very friendly and is willing to answer any questions tha tyou may have along the way. If you are coming to Savannah Ga and want to take a Good Ghost tour and not just a Boo!... we want to try and scare you silly tour then I suggest taking this one.

Thank you so much, Marissa! As I've always said, keep it simple with no theatrics and give a good informative tour and people enjoy it!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were referred to Southern Strolls Tour and were very pleased with our Ghost Story Tour. Scott was very nice and informative and seemed to enjoy providing the information as much as we enjoyed learning it. Would certainly recommend to anyone wanting to learn more about Spooky Savannah.

Thank you for your nice review, Anthony! I sometimes feel that I may be too informative so it is always nice when people appreciate it!