“Scott was an Excellent Tour Guide”

Southern Strolls Walking Tours
Ranked #34 of 149 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: History Tour 7 Days a week, 10am & 2pm, 2 Hours, $22 Adult/$11 Child ... Ghost Tour 7 Days a week, 8pm, 90-120 mins, $22 Adult/$11 Child ... Haunted Pub Tour Thr/Fri/Sat/Sun, 5:30pm, 2 Hours, $20 Adult (21+)
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a great tour. Scott was an excellent tour guide. My wife, daughters (ages 9 and 7) and I all thoroughly enjoyed it. The tour was scary enough to keep the adults entertained yet light enough for our two girls. Our dog even got to tag along. I highly recommend it.

southernstrolls, Owner at Southern Strolls Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for coming on the tour, I had a great time! Your family was really nice and your dog Churchill was great!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our tour was really cool. We went to some of the most haunted spots, and at night the Oglethorpe house was pretty creepy. Our guide knew so much history of Savannah and that really added to the tour. A wonderful time for our whole family.

southernstrolls, Owner at Southern Strolls Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thanks so much! Your family were very friendly and fun, it was one of the best tours I've given!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

First, let me begin by saying that the tour was excellent! Our guide, Scott, was very personable, knowledgeable and friendly, and also quite impressive to be able to handle our rowdy bunch! He was able to mold into the group excellently, being able to follow our conversations and questions while staying on topic with the tour. The tour was fabulous, taking us down many streets that are popular in Savannah, teaching us of the ghoulish (and generally gruesome) tales, weaved perfectly with tidbits Savannah's unique history (who knew 1820 was such an interesting year)!

It's also important to mention that the company, Southern Strolls Walking Tours, was very professional and accommodating. The woman whom I booked the calls with was attentive and efficient, and I received the confirmation email only minutes after I got off the phone with her. I was also very pleased to receive a call from Scott, the tour guide, prior to the meeting, confirming certain details in the email and making sure we would be able to find the meeting location by the specified tour time, and basically relieving any apprehension I had about the tour itself.

In short, great company + great guide = great time

southernstrolls, Owner at Southern Strolls Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Wow, what an amazing review!!! I hope we can live up to your very kind words in the future! You girls were tons of fun and it was all my pleasure!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife, daughter and I went on a ghost tour with Scott of Southern Strolls, and it was a lot more fun than I was expecting. We are not really ghost aficionados and were not sure what to expect. Scott was a great guide. It was a great way to learn about Savannah’s history and architecture with a lot of fun ghost stories as the main theme. We took some pictures of haunted areas. In two photos I did have a strange anomaly which I can’t explain. It may have been a camera malfunction; maybe not. It was pretty cool to think that we may have captured something on the photo, even if we are unsure about it. I recommend Scott and Southern Strolls; it is a lot of fun.

southernstrolls, Owner at Southern Strolls Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thanks so much for coming out and your awesome review! Your family was really fun and I'm glad I could entertain you, I'll post the photo to our Facebook page!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My friends and I came to Savannah for spring break and a ghost tour was something that was at the top of our list of things to do. Our guide, Scott, was very knowledgable and made something as overlooked as history become entertaining. We learned things that someone walking through the city by themselves wouldn't have been able to learn without a guide. Savannah is truly an intriguing city and I would take this tour over again in a heartbeat! Southern Strolls is a company that deserves more recognition for the great services that they offer.

southernstrolls, Owner at Southern Strolls Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! You and your friends were very fun and I'm glad it was the highlight of your vacation!!