“Homemade ketchup Say whaaaa?!”
Review of Green Truck Pub

Green Truck Pub
Ranked #17 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Savannah's neighborhood joint featuring Coastal area Farmers and American craft brewers.
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

So I'm on a work trip and someone recommended this place for their burgers. I got there aground 6pm and it wasn't busy. I got seated right away. The beer selection was great. I felt like I was a craft brew festival. I ordered the classic with cheese. I'm a simple kind of gal. The burgers are handformed. So they look like real burgers... A little misshapen. Mine was cooked perfectly. Dark pink middle. I don't care what you crazies say, burgers are not meant to be done all the way through. The tomato was fresh and tasty, cheese was melty and the whole thing was the perfect temp when it came out. I should make a special note here. The ketchup is made by them. It's zingy and sweet and I prefer it over that store bought junk. I should have bought a bottle. The pickles are nothing like
What you get in a jar But better. It's like a cucumber got done just before the process finished so its still super crunchy but has that light vinegary herby goodness. The service was good. I didn't feel rushed and my food came and went in a timely fashion. Earlier I mentioned I got in right away. When I left there was quite a line. If you are one of those people that doesn't want to wait get here early. I will definitely be here again.

1  Thank Mandabeth

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not the fanciest place, but this is part of the charm. The menu had a good choice of soup, salads, hamburgers, sandwiches etc. Also had vegetarian options as well. I liked the beer and ale choices. The El Jefe was great- liked how it was dressed with with jalepeno , avacado, etc.. I would have to say that grass fed beef seems to have a richer flavor (could me my imagination). One member of the our party had the "vegetarian" reuben and enjoyed it. The only complaint from are group was the bacon on the club sandwich was little bit to "fatty", otherwise good. I like the fact that this restaurant has a mission to support local farms and food producers.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Disappointed in the food quality and service. Not the greatest of locations and the ambience was a bit lacking (more like a bar than a restaurant). Better burgers elsewhere in Savannah.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I don't get all the hype about this place. We have given Green Truck multiple tries ( because we live down the street) in hopes that it would be good. The food is always mediocre and the staff seem like they are doing you a favor. Also the unkept hipster look is old. Although this last time we actually had an enthusiastic and sweet bartender Kat. You can only get your burger bloody or cooked. Really those are my choices? raw or hockey puck? My girlfriends burger literally came out chard on the outside and mooing on the inside. The fries are ok. I have tried the other sandwiches and they are ok. The salads are good. The beer selection is great. Unfortunately the homemade ketchup isn't enough to distract one from the butt crack hanging out of the skinny jeans the waiter eating at the bar was wearing.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My hubby and I went there for dinner this past weekend because I'd heard from friends how really GOOD the burgers were--he's a burger aficionado and I wanted to see what he thought. Dinner, Saturday evening about 7pm, with only a 20 minute wait--not too bad.The place is kinda small, but clean and cheerful looking, with an old jukebox playing (and yes, you can choose the music-more fun!) and beer signs everywhere. The selection of bottled beers is great and there's lots to choose from, as well as beer on tap, and a decent wine selection from all over the world. One of the things I like best is that you can get any of their burgers with the beef burger, a grilled chicken breast OR a vegie patty, so I ordered the El Jefe (the Boss) with grilled chicken (good-sized and tender), cheddar, black bean and corn salsa, avocado and jalapenos,and a side of their vegetarian chili. As you will see from the photo I posted, it was just a beautiful sandwich, the avocado fresh and smooth, the lettuce, tomato and onion crisp (I requested those), the salsa was delicious and the bun well-toasted, not mushy. The chili was not bad, but for me, I like more onion and hot sauce (which I added) and perhaps a bit more salt; and while I do like it that it's served with a nice piece of toast, the bread was SO hard it hurt my teeth, so I had to soak it in the chili to eat it! I had a pinch of meat from my husband's burger too, and WOW!! That had to be the BEST beef I'd tasted in years! This flavor I remember from my childhood days with my dad cooking out on the grill, before all the antibiotics and chemicals in the beef; Green Truck's beef is grass-fed, organic and as natural as it gets (they also post over the bar the companies from which they order), and absolutely fantastic! The portions were really big, the waitress was friendly and knowledgeable too--my hubby wanted to know more about the authenticity of the grass-fed source and she was able to give us details. We still wanted something sweet afterwards so we ordered their cheesecake--incredible! I don't usually eat this kind of thing because of the heaviness and calories, but this was lighter than many others I'd seen and topped with a luscious peach compote so I tried it--well, suffice it to say, I was HOOKED! We ate that cheesecake so quickly (with many exclamations of delight) that I didn't even pause to take a photo--just order it, believe me, it's worth every penny! I definitely plan to come back for their burgers, and also to try the veggie patty or salads, which looked wonderful (as I watched them being taken to other diners). The check was reasonable for the amount and quality of the food, and I would heartily recommend this place to anyone who loves good food and burgers. Oh, and keep in mind they are closed on Sunday and Monday! Good eatin', folks!

2  Thank Heart_of_Imladris