“My favorite find in Savannah”
Review of Green Truck Pub

Green Truck Pub
Ranked #15 of 876 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Savannah's neighborhood joint featuring Coastal area Farmers and American craft brewers.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“My favorite find in Savannah”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had the daily special burger - goat cheese & peach chutney. The French fries were the best I have ever had and the homemade ketchup was fabulous. They have a great old vinyl record juke box. It was busy when we went with a 15 min wait for a table, so we opted to dine at the bar. After the awesome food-I would wait any amount of time to eat there, totally worth it.

Visited June 2013

Savannah, Georgia
“good resturant for savannah”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I am trying to find the best burger in Savannah...this is a good burger, way up on the chart...but not the best, just very good for the savannah area. Food is consistent (unlike other burger joints). Fries are good (don't get the side order of fries as an appetizer, it is NOT a good deal). The ketchup is unique (home made). To me, I love the ketchup, but people either love it or hate it, no in between.
Don't go if your hungry and want to grab a "quick" burger. The food comes out quick once ordered, the wait is usually long though. Consider eating at bar to shorten the wait.

rochester
“Must Eat here !”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Great friendly service. Homemade French fries are to die for. Worth the stop and drive over here.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fit for foodies, out of the touristy area”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

After doing the tourist thing in Old Savannah, I googled up recommendations for food in Savannah and came across Green Truck Pub. It's a couple miles from the tourist zone, and you might be scratching your head and re-check the address in your GPS on your way, because it's not where or what you're expecting.

The restaurant itself is in an old fast-food chicken joint, and it's on the small side. The food is absolutely wonderful, however, and the trip away from the well-beaten path is well worth your effort and time.

I don't usually get salads, but I did on recommendation by the waiter. I got the "Papa’s Salad,"
which is warm roasted potatoes (Spanish-- papas, potatoes, get it?), ham, Gorgonzola and cheddar cheeses, topped with a sunny-side up egg and dressed in oregano red wine vinaigrette.

They have a great craft beer menu and it's OK to bring your kids.

Hobe Sound, Florida
“You have GOT to go!!!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

After reading all the reviews on TA we decided to try this on our last night in Savannah. Don't let the outside influence you. It is small and outside the historic district by about 10-15 min. We were there on a Wed. night and it was PACKED! We had about a 30 min wait. You can tell it is also popular with all the locals; young. old, professionals, non-professionals. Very edgy: grass fed beef, free range chickens, ALL organic grown produce. Tremendous thought and planning to get great food to the tables! I had the "Peachy Keen" burger special which was amazing! Homemade peach chutney and goat cheese on top of a great burger! I didn't even use any of the homemade ketchup it was too good on its own. My husband had the bacon/cheese/mushroom/onion burger that was also great. Fries were good and coleslaw excellent. Although we were stuffed, we shared a bread pudding with smoked bacon and bourbon (2 of my husbands favorite things!!) It was just delicious. Wonderful flavor mix. A little dry and could have used a little whipped cream or bit of nice vanilla ice cream. But worth a try!!
Our waitress was from Springfield, MA and was just terrific! Cute, so friendly and very efficient! Go early and be ready for a little wait. It will be worth it!!! Yum!!!!!!!!!!

Visited June 2013