“Great event for Girl Scouts!”
Review of Bull River Cruises

Bull River Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Bull River Cruises offers boat tours of the Coastal Georgia waterways. If you are looking to explore the nature, history or just sightsee we are the company for you. We offer tours for 2 to 60 passengers. See Dolphins, the Port of Savannah, the Savannah River, tidal marshes and more. Come see the Wild side of Savannah.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Captain Mike and Crew kept our Girl Scout troop on the edge of their seats with easy banter interspersed with education and hands-on interactions. We spent three days in Savannah and this was definitely a highlight of our stay. Captain Mike was helpful with changing the direction of the boat for the best experience and better dolphin views as requested by the girls. Watching the pulling crabs and squid out of the water and then seeing them up close was great for our group. All of our questions were answered and it was really great to have such interested helpful guides. There was also an emphasis placed on the contributions of female leaders in the area and their contributions to Savannah and the fishing/guide industry, a very thoughtful addition! This is something I would definitely do again if I return to Savannah.

2  Thank Jwl300
bullrivercruises, Owner at Bull River Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your kind words...we strive to make each trip unique to each group and are blessed to have such a beautiful area to explore. - Mike Neal

There are newer reviews for Bull River Cruises

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Mike Neal and crew do a great job! Mike knows the waterways and offers a fun and educational cruise! If you love the water, you'll love Mike's tour!

3  Thank VBuck
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My parents have always wanted to go to Savannah, so as a family,12 total, we planned our trip. Wanting them to see as much as possible in the 3 days we were there, we chose carefully, a variety of tours. We were referred to Captain Mike, Bull River Cruises. Captain Mike, answered all my questions, always returned calls, gave great advice for our group and helped to make the best of our tour. We chartered the pontoon for our group and it was great! Our driver and guide were exceptional! They were waiting when we arrived, ready to go. Our guide gave us lots of information and history, but not in the typical boring tour fashion, he was fun! Along with the river ride, history, lots of scenery, and yes dolphins, the highlight of the trip was when they dropped the nets. We were a group of all adults and we loved this, as would young kids also! When he pulled up the nets there was lots to see, among everything there was a blue crab we got to hold, jelly fish, flounder, a sea spider we held, tiny sea snake ( up close!), shrimp, and tiny squid. The guide put the small squid up to our hands and it attached to our fingers, amazing! Our guide entertained and had us laughing the whole time! I cannot say enough about this trip, it was the highlight of our trip to Savannah. I would highly recommend Bull River Cruises, and if we have a chance to go back we will take another one of his tours!!

6  Thank RM316
bullrivercruises, Owner at Bull River Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to make each trip we do unique and special and I am so glad you found this to be true on your visit. Owner - Mike Neal

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I live here and had never taken a tour on the water, and was pretty sure that I was fairly knowledgeable about the area and the wildlife, but I still learned so much in 1 trip.
I will definitely plan on bringing back visiting relatives when they come to town.
Thanks for the great experience.

3  Thank tboltlady
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Captain Mike and his crew provide entertainment, education and the beauty of the waters around Savannah. It really is an eco-tour. Excellent!

4  Thank Ellen60814