“Decent Food & Good Prices”
Review of Houlihan's

Houlihan's
Ranked #109 of 884 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If your traveling through Georgia on I95 and looking for a good meal, Stop at exit 94 and visit Houlihan's. The food is good and the staff very friendly. Lots to choose from on the menu.

Burgers, steaks, pasta, seafood, salads, soups, beer, wine and desserts.

Our waitress was very friendly and prompt with our drinks and order.

slcjr2u, General Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

I'm happy you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope we have an opportunity to see you again. Thank you for the review.

There are newer reviews for Houlihan's

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoy frequenting this establishment for date night. The food is delicious and the libations are tasty. The waitress or waiter is always polite and speedy with our order. Prices are reasonable. My favorite dessert there is the creme brulee. The presentation of the food is Southern chic.

1  Thank Yum4tum

Thank you for the kind review. I'm glad we get to see you on a regular basis. Please let us know if there is ever anything that you are accustomed to getting from our service that is missing. I hope your next date night will be soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

had to wait untill my hotel room was ready so poped in to have a bite. had a woderful hamburger nice juicy and to die for sweet tea. thanks for a great meal

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had chicken alfredo and my husband had the meatloaf and both were very, very good. Seemed like more locals than tourists were dining and quite crowded for a Saturday night. Definitely give it a try!

Thank you for joining us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your food and service. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the area-we would love to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here traveling home and had eaten at other houlihan's but not this particular establishment. We chose it because houlihans has a reputation as a better restaurant then applebees or ruby tuesday's that are both nearby. We ordered 2 appetizers and 2 entrees. (Which were both excellent) My hubby had ordered a drink that he didn't want (I drank it) but the waitress never came back until after our appetizers. We had to wait a ridiculous amount of time for drinks, had the drinks come faster we may have had another (and we did go to the bar after dinner). The restaurant uses a system of service with runners bringing both food and drinks, the waitress moving on to take more orders after she takes your order. this usually works very efficientiy, especially when a restaurant is very busy. but it also makes it very hard for someone to manage when to serve the food, the speed of the drinks, etc. I would understand this if the restaurant was packed, but it was a Sunday night after 8 pm.- in other words, pretty quiet. Our appetizers arrived quickly, and they were very good. However, less than 5 mins later as we were just starting to eat our appetizers our entrees arrived. Now, this is a huge error in the service department. I don't necessarily blame the waitress because she didn't deliver our meal, I blame poor management, and the runner who delivered our meals. she saw that we had just gotten our appetizers, and even commented that there wasn't enough room on the table, but then proceeded to cram our dinners on to the table. When the waitress came back to check in we informed her of the error (even though it should have been pretty obvious) and she did appologize and stated her manager would be over. As we finished our meals a woman stopped over and asked how our meals were, we said "very good" and she walked away. Excuse me, but she knew we had a problem, why would she not introduce herself and ask what the problem was? We had no idea she was the manager until she walked away! Very passive aggressive. Unfortunately even though the food was very good the service is well below average at this restaurant, and I imagine the staff is only following the direction of the sub-par management. As you can see, I'm a top contributor to trip advisor, and rarely ever give bad feedback. This place needs an intervention....spend your money elsewhere.

1  Thank Jessandjohnforever
slcjr2u, General Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

I am terribly sorry your party's meal wasn't coursed properly. I have spoken to the manager on duty and she remembered the situation. Your server actually has to judge when to ring in your food for different courses. Once the food is ready, it is sent out immediately and never held for fear of degradation of quality. I believe that the root cause of the bad timing is the appetizers took longer than usual to prepare. And even though the server waited 8 minutes before ringing your entrees, they were prepared at a quicker pace than the apps to due heavy workload for appetizers from the full bar area in the restaurant. Samantha, the manager, was alerted to stop by the table as requested by the server, but she mistook your pleasant response as a lack of discontent.

It is uncertain to me whether you were travelling or live in the area, but I would like to further address your needs. If you like, I can be contacted at the restaurant @ 912.921.5712 Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of this service opportunity.

Steve Colson