“Beautiful pace to eat”

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broughton
Description: Historic French bistro, and pub in the heart of the historic district in downtown Savannah. Extensive wine list.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful antique interior. Great service. The Sea Scallop appetizer was delicious. Loved the Lavender/lemon infused Prosecco!

Date of visit: September 2019
savjeff, Owner at Circa 1875, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you!

Write a reviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

I cannot rave enough about this restaurant and their amazing staff. First of all our service was top notch! Our server Emily was WONDERFUL! Secondly our food was amazing! Everything about our visit was perfect!
Thank you so much for making our belated Anniversary so wonderful and the thought of leaving our daughter again at SCAD not so bad!

Date of visit: September 2019
savjeff, Owner at Circa 1875, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you !

Reviewed September 3, 2019

one thing that always gets me is restaurants that profess to be French and not one Frenchman in it or at least not in the kitchen... I ordered Cassoulet a favorite from the Dordogne area, not normally found in French restaurants.... First try not to use Beenie Weenies...then make sure the log that passed for sausage is not petrified,hard time cutting it, bring a saw...then the duck breast felt like it was microwaved...
Service was good though, and the wine selection very good.... My mate had Trout, not bad,in some tomato concoction...that was fresh. The ratatouille was ok as well...
Charming as it was, very cozy with a lot of detail in their surrounding..a very good bar, and a nice place to spend an evening with special someone, unless she knows French food.
For me it is far from France... maybe never even saw it.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank joeswartz
Reviewed August 30, 2019

As it goes with conferences, we had a fairly large group at Circa 1875 for dinner. The atmosphere was pleasant, with a nice antique feel to the decor. I had the duck, which was delicious. One of my sides was supposed to be mashed parsnips and potatoes, but I could not really taste much parsnip. As potatoes go, they were good though.
Service was excellent, and everyone enjoyed their meals.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2019

We had a very good experience recently. We went for a birthday dinner and it was a very good decision, bordering very closely too spectacular.
The Champagne was excellent and beautifully chilled.
The menu was very complete and all that we ordered came out exactly as ordered and was of excellent quality, and very tasty.
All we ordered was very good but he chicken livers were spectacular and I can honestly say they were the best I have ever had in my long life.
The service was excellent, positively attentive but not over bearing, knowledgeable, extremely friendly and polite.
A great place to go and worthy of returning, over and over again.

Date of visit: August 2019