“An outstanding french bistro”
Review of Circa 1875

Circa 1875
Reserve with OpenTable
Circa 1875 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 883 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broughton
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is one of those quaint restaurants that you wished was in your town. You may come as a visitor, but will leave as a friend. Romantic atmosphere which will make you feel as if you were in Paris. Food is outstanding with a range of price options. Located in historic Savannah only a few blocks from the City Market.

1  Thank Manatee75
There are newer reviews for Circa 1875

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I never thought I would order a burger at a french restaurant. So glad we did. It was fantastic. Quaint little place in the heart of Savannah.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

As always, Donald, Jeff and the fantastic staff made it a memorable evening for us. Everything is just excellent, we had moules/frites (mussels and French fries) along with a Caesar salad to die for and a cheese/meat tray that would rival the best of the best. Of course the desserts were just as good. We are hard to please but this place always amazes us. We will be back again, thank you.

Stephane and Cyndi

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I walked into this place and thought I had stepped back in time--beautiful!! This place has framed french prints, mirrors gilded in gold, absinth decanters, original tiling, authentic punched tin ceiling--the list goes on and on..You could spend hours taking in the scenery.
Unfortunately, I spent what felt like hours doing just that, without a drink in my hand. When I arrived and sat down, there was a woman who I thought was working the bar, but either didn't notice or care that I was there. There were two guys running around waiting on tables, and I was just about to jump on a table in hopes of being served, when one of the guys caught my eye and asked if I was being helped.
It's a terrible shame that I have to give this place an average review, because from that moment on, Circa was one of the best experiences I can name from this trip. Jonathan, my bartender, went out of his way to make up for my having to wait so long for service (I would estimate that I waited about 10-12 minutes). By the time I left, I had learned all about Circa's history, some insider tips on what to avoid in Savannah, and some of Jonathan's personal experiences with celebrities who frequent the place. He even introduced me to a local with whom I am now conducting business.
Overall: busy place, casually elegant atmosphere, and both the best and worst service I've had in Savannah. I'll return with my wife in August, and I'm hoping for the best; if the service is right, it will knock her socks off. She always complains that Southern cities don't ever have true southerners working in hospitality, which is another great thing about Jonathan, who carries a proper gentleman's Southern accent. Hopefully when I return I can give this place the rating it should have!

1  Thank Vince G
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I dined here one evening In early October. The roasted chicken was one of the best meals ever. My husband is still raving about it. The restaurant is small so make reservations.