“100%”
Review of Circa 1875

Circa 1875
Reserve with OpenTable
Circa 1875 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 883 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broughton
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Perfect service and food! Our waiter even requested the chef make the tuna dish a little different to please our taste buds!

There are newer reviews for Circa 1875

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Have only been here for drinks so no idea if food is good. The atmosphere is cool. The character is there. Old building, cool old bar, true Savannah charm. Too bad the staff thinks they are more cool than anyone else. For a couple of drinks on a Friday night they required us to pay as we go or give a card to start a tab - even though we were seated at a bar table. Whatever. Except we never got asked if we wanted a 2nd round - had to go track down the server. When we did he got pissy and said he would be right there. 15 minutes later we had to go find him (behind the bar washing glasses). Then, when we wanted the check - same thing. Only this time I watched him give my card to not one but two other people. Each time I said "that's my card" and he looked at me annoyed, got the card back from the person he gave it to, and then did it again. Finally he brought me my check and my card and we paid and left. This was not my first time here and the service has always been this way. It will definitely be my last.

2  Thank dougandkath
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Received recommendation from Oglethorpe Trolley Tours. Food was excellent. Small and elegant dinning room. Nice atmosphere. One drawback: Cork charge was excessive at $20.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The five stars are for the pub side of the establishment. We have eaten on the restaurant side occasionally, but while the staff are pleasant and attentive there, the restaurant section lacks the dark wood and overall warm ambiance of the pub.

The wine list is short but everything on it is good and carefully selected. The "home run" items on the menu are the foie gras, sweetbreads, and chicken livers. The staff on the pub side are truly hospitable and remember your preferences for the next visit...

The Angus beef burger is the best in town, especially if you add foie gras and truffle frites to it. There are more expensive selections on the entree list, but while they are decent, we have never found them to be outstanding.

We have eaten there, enjoyed a glass of chianti or dry rose, and appreciate the consistency of excellent service and our favorite menu offerings.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a quaint little restaurant located right off the main drag in Historic Savannah. The Inn Keeper at the B & B we stayed at recommended it and she was dead on!!!!! The service is great, the ambiance delightful, the table settings beautiful. What's not to like?