“Fun, but Trashy!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savannah Smiles Dueling Pianos Saloon

Savannah Smiles Dueling Pianos Saloon
Ranked #3 of 53 Nightlife in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a ALL request piano show with high energy all night long. From rock n roll, country, rap, heavy metal, 50s all the way to current. You decide what we play!
Alexandria, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun, but Trashy!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We got there a bit early, and watched as it got busier, and drunker. Hysterical to watch- and the pianists tend to be limited in their styles... but, it's a fun place to go with friends and just have a blast! Friday nights are an older crowd, Saturday nights are the youngsters and "hen parties."

Visited October 2012

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A must visit for those of age!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was very excited to be able to go to this bar, as many friends had recommended it to me and a colleague. We went on a Wednesday night and were pleasantly surprised it was ladies' night, so the $5 cover fee was waived. They have Jager on tap (which was great!) and a few other beers on tap, but have a multitude of beers and liquor in bottles. The bartenders were great, and our waitress was super helpful!
As to the pianists, wow! My friend and I (and the crowd) were singing along to these guys who gave a fantastic show! They were also very approachable, as I asked them questions when they got off the stage to take a break. Not only can they play, but they can sing and improv with ease! The crowd was mostly middle-aged so it was relaxing not to have young people being belligerently drunk. By the time we left, the place was hoppin'!
The only issues I had were: they state they can play any song, and this is untrue---you are told "I can't do this" by the pianist and your request is thrown away (it seems they can only do classical piano songs and 60-00s alternative rock and country when we visited); you have to be very specific if you want to pay for a phrase to be put up (they thought I had requested a song); no prices on any of their drinks; no menu; and out of state cards seem not to work. None of this makes me think of it lesser; they are just things that need improvement!
Truly, if you are of age, go visit---it's worth it and I will be going again!

Visited October 2012
Tampa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We went to Savannah smiles on our last night in GA and had a great time. It did get very crowded the later it got, though we didnt mind it. The men jamming on the dueling pianos were amazing and kept the crowd singing along the entire time. We would definetly go back.

Visited March 2012
Athens, Georgia
“Savannah Smiles...so much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been to two three day nursing conferences in Savannah in the past four years. Both times, my fellow coworkers and I have spent our evenings in Savannah at Savannah Smiles. I enjoyed it so much that three girlfriends and I took an overnight trip to Savannah just to go to the piano bar! So, I have been a total of five times now and never had a bad night! I must say that it is better to go on a week night. There are still enough patrons to have a good time, but it isn't standing room only like on the one weekend night I was there. The singing and playing and interaction with the piano players was just as good, but the service was REALLY slow when it was busy. But if I was in Savannah for only one night, and it happened to be a weekend night, I would still go. It is that much fun!!!

Visited November 2011
Bowman, SC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a blast on a girls weekend at Savannah Smiles. The pianists are truly talented! There were a number of bachelorette/bachelor parties going on, so it did get a little vulgar later into the night. But so much fun!

Visited October 2011