“Franchise food but good value”

Cancun Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #327 of 883 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ate there 10/22. Food was very average but good value.

Restaurant is of the strip mall variety. There is plenty of parking and plenty of seating inside. Atmosphere is more of a cafeteria than cantina. We were shown to our table quickly and the waitress arrived with chips / salsa and menu. She took our drink order immediately and returned with the drinks promptly.

We found the menu to be very basic without any inspiring Mexican specialty dishes. We are not sure if this is a franchise place, but seemed much better than a Taco Bell, but far below an authentic Mexican restaurant.

Beer was in a smallish mug and 3.75. Their wings are pretty good though, so try some of them. My wife and I had platters. Their enchilada supreme platter was large in size and filling, but not as good as others I've had.

When we got the check however, we were impressed with the value. Cost for beers, wings and our platters was under 30. Not bad... and we left full, so we're satisfied.

There are newer reviews for Cancun Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very inexpensive. I had the burrito special and my wife had the fajita salad with chicken. Both dishes were very good, and the portions were quite adequate. Our waiter, Mario, was very attentive and always right at hand. The atmosphere is purely Mexican, with festive music playing in the background. Truely a place to visit when in Savannah.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice atmosphere, friendly and helpful waiter. Food was OUTSTANDING ! Some of the best Mexican fare we have experienced !

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Heartburn and shrugs- Tha'ts all I received!
Okay...... So my family and I have been eating at Cancun basically once per week(sometimes more) for the past 14 years. The food used to be phenomenal... now, not so much, but it's cheap and still kind of tasty. That's the extent of the good.

NOW FOR THE BAD- horrible customer service. Tonight, I had a new server, and he was very friendly. I ordered my usual... nachos, no jalapenos. I was asked you don't like spicy? I said no, acid reflux, i'll get sick. he smiles... 20 mins later, I get the spiciest nachos i've ever eaten from here in 15 years:0. so I order a taco.... not send my food back... order something additional! that came quickly and wasn't made how I requested.... whatever.... I'd had a long day so I just asked for the check. I went to pay with my UNEXPIRED gift certificate and was told- oh no, we use a different company now, you'll have to get your money back from them.

HUH? (you can imagine my blank stare)

"It has your logo on it" I told them, "It's not expired either" I said.

I was then told I can sue the gift certificate company if I like, but they decided to go with a different company for promotions.... When I asked about the other $100 worth I had at home..... I was given a shrug by the manager. I told her the restaurant already received their money, and she shrugged again and walked away

This type of service where I'm known by face, always tip 20% min, and to get treated like this!!!! I left feeling like I was robbed by my neighbor.

I will never be back, and I'm calling the BBB. absolutely ridiculous.

Next time... I'm going to Jalapenos. Their food is better and it's worth the extra 10 minutes up Abercorn!

Plus now I have heartburn and a sour stomach!!! ugh!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went to this restaurant on the first night in town. Close to Midtown hotels. Great value for portions of food. The quality was good. We had the steak and shrimp fajitas and the fajita steak quesadilla. Service was spotty at times. Overall, it was a good experience.