“Loved this insightful ride!”

Carriage Tours of Savannah
Ranked #41 of 151 Tours in Savannah
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We took a the carriage for two, some local wine and cheese and hoofed around town with Lady Bug and her driver (I forget her name but she was really great!). Great sense of the city and local info. Beautiful architecture and history. Really a cool thing to do in this city. Helps to see the outer edges of the historical district where you may not walk unless you know where your going.

1  Thank mystiss
in 71 reviews
"flynn"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We enjoyed a lot in this ride...our guide Beth was very informative....................Gave us a nice view on savannah ..............Will definitely recommend to other people...

1  Thank priyashone
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I booked a private tour for my boyfriend and myself. Our tour guide Adam was funny, knowledgable and laid back. We enjoyed this relaxing tour around the historic vacation. It was a beautiful day yesterday so it was even better!!
The Only draw back for me was that we paid more for the private tour but didn't get the cool open top carriage. Ours had 2 or 3 rows, like multi group tours have, and the seats we the regular rows instead of those plus, velvet looking couch type seats with the open top carriages. So I was slightly bummed because I'd never done a private carriage tour and would have loved that cool looking private open air carriage where you can relax and stretch out more.
Nevertheless, we both enjoyed the tour and loved our rockin', huge massive horse named Billy.
We will do this tour again, but will stick to the regular (cheaper) group tour next time. I'd recommend this tour!

2  Thank Russellsgirl
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This was a great time when other plans fell through. Plan ahead or call a few hours ahead of time. Our tour guide was interesting and had lots of facts for us. We did the private tour and we were able to ask questions and enjoy a drink from a local place on the way.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Carriage Tours of Savannah were very accommodating people. They do have a website to visit - we took the historic tour. Kudos to Jeanine for her friendly and knowledgeable delivery of the history of downtown Savannah. The carriages vary from two seaters to a group of 6 people (comfortably). Carriages are nice and most of the horses are attractive. If you like to view places of interest a little more "up close and personal" - this is the tour for you. The only thing I would add is a tall stepping ladder for older adults who may have difficulty getting into the carriages.

1  Thank geeluv05