“Great Southern City”

Savannah Historic District
Ranked #1 of 166 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Savannah's picturesque historic district brings the traditional southern atmosphere to life.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

So much to do! And so very walkable, too!!! Great places to eat and excellent places for adult beverages.

Write a ReviewReviews (12,641)
All reviews
in 136 reviews
"parks"
in 1,209 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very interesting history, loved the statley homes. Well kept area. Lovely landscaping, great walking tour.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Pretty architecture, interesting history. I'd recommend one of the horse drawn carriage tours - learned a lot about the history of the city in a relaxing setting.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The beautiful scenery and the honest revealing of the African American history of Savannah. I did not know anything about Savannah before I visited. The history to me was fascinating. And it seems that you all are very proud of your heritage. I suppose some people would find it disturbing but I did not. I felt good about knowing that slaves had a part in the beauty of the district . My husband who normally stays in the hotel when we travel, decided to go on the Trolley tour. He absolutely loved It and the food was excellent at the hotel and the restaurants we visited. Thank you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2013

For an enjoyable alternative to walking and taxi cabs, we recommend "the Hopper" shuttle service! The Hopper operates extended golf carts to whisk passengers all over the historic district and has been in operation for a bit over a year. My wife and I and our family have used the hopper to get to and from our hotel to the city market, Broughton street shopping, to restaurants and even to Church on Sundays. The hopper drivers are uniformly friendly and always punctual and the trip is always fun zipping around in the carts. The fare of only $3 per person is a welcome relief and the trip always seems shorter in the Hopper than in a cab! Try the Hopper in Savannah for an enjoyable and efficient way to get around downtown!

Jimmy and Catie Brown