“great city”

and up
Savannah Historic and Secret East Side Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 210 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Savannah's picturesque historic district brings the traditional southern atmosphere to life.
Chinle, Arizona
“great city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Savannah was a great place to visit. I've traveled much of the country (30 of 50 states) and Savannah was something different. While they had a lot of places to drink and have fun (smiles piano bar is a must) there wasn't a feeling that you had to get out of control for a great time. The feeling my friend and I got (something we talked about to great length) was that in Savannah you could just relax. There was no pressure to do anything, go anywhere, or be anything, it was simply enjoy what's here, which we did. I have worked in some of the worst areas in the nation and it was so awesome to be walking around the downtown area of a city at 2 am and not feel threatened or scared to be out. We didn't even get hit up for money by homeless ( not that I have an issue just something I expect in a city). Don't even get me started on the food, being a transplant to the east coast (originally from San Diego) I couldn't get over the food. My friend and I had planned out the restaurants we were going to hit but after the first day we realized it didn't matter, they’re all great. I will recommend the Crab Shack on Tybee Island, its a wonderful place to eat and its fun feeding the alligators. Although if its only two of you the sampler platter can be a bit much (lots to take home though). Anyway if your looking for a fun and relaxing city ( and who isn't on a vacation) I don't think you can go wrong with Savannah.

Visited August 2012

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great walking town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

The squares are beautiful and the old historic district is very easy to walk and navigate. I was with my 80 year ld father who other than the brick sidewalks did a large amount of walking.

Richmond, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Savannah bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Loved this b and b, very charming and comfortable. Breakfast was good and we loved sharing stories with fellow travelers.

Evans, Georgia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Wonderful area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We spent 4 days in the Historic District and still didn't see it all! Wonderful area. There is a free transportation system that you can take to get around, but we just walked. The area by the river has many cobblestones, so make sure to wear good shoes. Many, many shops and restaurants to visit. We will be back!

Lithia, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful old South!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

What wasn't there to love about this old Southern town? I was amazed by the shear history--the age of the buildings and the number of buildings that are still in use today that are hundreds of years old! The layout of the town, the squares, the statues, monuments, everything about the historic district left me in awe!