“Looking for More”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #511 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Longhorn generally has quality steaks. Howeverf, my wife & I have eaten here three times over the past 12 mos, and the steaks are over priced, and not the quality you would expect. I personally have had to send my steak back for over cooked, or the meat is too tough. The manager has always been very nice and has apologized. I will not go back. There are several more steak restaurant choices available.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This Longhorn is right down the street from our neighborhood and it's definitely where we go when we're craving a tasty, tender, well-cooked steak! The atmosphere is warm and friendly, lots of wood and Western-themed decor, and the servers are invariably attentive and take good care of us. For many years I ordered their T-bone because it is, honestly, just about the best one I've ever eaten, bar none. Juicy, tasty, just the right amount of seasoning, served hot and sizzling with a big baked potato and a crispy salad (good salads too, by the way), it makes a very filling, satisfying dining experience. Their bread loaves are very good and they don't mind bringing more, along with the butter. The Wild West Shrimp are delicious, full of flavor and can easily be shared with a dinner partner. My daughter loves the Flo's Filet, which is always tender and tasty. When I started my weight loss program I didn't know if they had anything I could eat, but there are 500-calorie and under items which are quite good, including Flo's Filet, grilled Trout and Napa Grilled Chicken, all of them good. Also, I found out, through talking with the waiters, that Longhorns puts lemon-butter on all their steaks as they're grilled, so if you want to save on your fat intake, just tell the server NO BUTTER or OIL, and they will make sure you get what you want. Also, as an alternative side they always have very good fresh vegetables like asparagus or broccoli, never over-cooked. I've also enjoyed the shrimp cocktail numerous times, which is not only low-fat, low-calorie, but really refreshing, especially sprinkled with lemon juice. We do have to wait sometimes on Friday evening, which is when we usually go, but it's worth the wait because the food is just wonderful. Clean restrooms, pleasant staff, good wines and cocktails, warm bread loaves, tender steaks, all at a good price!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food was good though the cost was not my favorite, I would rather see more lunch selections for the value.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I stopped for dinner in Savannah at Long Horn on our way to New Orleans. We were seated in Brian's section. Our food was delightful, my husband had the Portherhouse and I had the T-Bone, both were cooked to perfection. Brian suggested an appetizer but we knew the steak would be enough. However, Brian suggested we try dessert and we chose three. Brian was without a doubt the best server we have ever had ANYWHERE!. We will go back to Savannah to the Long Horn just to see Brian. We never had to ask for anything, he just knew what we needed and brought it to us before we could ask. He was fun, very energetic, and very outgoing. He had a smile on his face the entire time we were seated at his table. I watched him interact with the other servers and saw him helping his co-workers as well as doing his own tables.
My husband and I own a restaurant in Richmond and we know good servers, we would hire Brian just to train our servers. Long Horn you have a great server, treat him right. He is making you money, I am sure he has many regulars. Anyone reading this and going to the Savannah Long Horn, ask for Brian. You will not be disappointed, he gives AAA service to his custormers. You will truly enjoy your steak and Brians outgoing personality. ENJOY!!

1  Thank Brenda G
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am not happy about my visit to this place. I was there last week and it was by far one of the worst experiences at a restaurant I could ever even think of. The waitress was awful. She didn't know her head from her rear. She spilt two drinks at different times and couldn't remember any of the extras like salad dressing or bbq sauce or anything that we asked for. We just seemed like an inconvenience to her. I always order alittle bigger steak than needed so that I can bring home some to my boxer and that is what I did. The steak came and it tasted like it was soaked in vinegar. It was awful. I ordered a 5.00 brownie and I could eat that dessert in one bite. I brought the rest of my steak home. I ordered a 12 ounce sirloin and maybe ate three bites. It was nasty. I brought it home and gave it to my dog and he wouldn't even eat it. HOW SAD!!!!

I spent 29.00 at this place and I should have spent more like 5. I have had better food at Waffle House and Steak and Shake! This restaurant needs to shut down. I have been hearing alot of bad things about places but I usually like to judge for myself. This one I should have listened.