“Chicken with two sides”

Ranked #128 of 895 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Sister's of the New South have been serving Savannah, GA, with southern hospitality and comfort for years. We have 4 locations across Savannah ranging from Pooler to Beaufort, SC. Our southern style cooking has been a community favorite for years. We also will cater your events no matter how small or large to bring the south to you. Our recipes will take you back in time when times were slow, and the cooking was great.
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! Real plates, nice servers, and great chicken. I will go back for sure and try some more sides . This is old school gramma cooking.. Yum

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We happened onto this restaurant when we ventured out of downtown Savannah to go to a movie. They have true southern cooking...fried chicken, greens, you name it! Everything we had was very tasty, and the service was great!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was visiting a friend for four days and we ate our way around town. Every meal was excellent because she knew them or we found them on TripAdvisor. This was the top of all those good restaurants. The others were more up-scale and fancied up but if you love Soul/Southern food or want to try the real deal, you can't do better than Sisters anywhere and I don't just mean Savannah. I had Ox-tail (that's what I said), yellow squash, mashed potatoes and the best collard greens outside my Mother's kitchen. If you've never tried Ox-tail but want the tastiest meat in the world, don't ask any questions and just trust me. They have many other entrees that are better known and are equally as good as well as a long list of veggies. You cannot go wrong at Sisters.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am a local of this city and my favorite food is the classic southern cooking which can be found at Sisters. I dined in one evening with a friend about 30 min before closing time. The food offered is on a hot bar, already prepared, ready to be plated. They also offer cook to order specialties. My guest and I ordered the prepared food from off the hot bar, sat down & started eating. We both had to request that our food be reheated in the microwave. I actually overlooked the cold food because I was so hungry. After our food was returned from the microwave, we ate it, and were enjoying it. The waitress is mopping the dining room around us, the lights begin to go off. I get the point right away because I have worked in this industry. We have a few bites of food left and had decided to take it to go considering the closing procedures happening around us. I was then rudely interrupted by another employee who really ask me "how much longer you gonna be here". I am not entirely surprised by this considering the service as a whole in Savannah. I do hope whoever is reading this goes into Sisters and and has a great experience while supporting local small business. I also hope these issues are addressed by the owner because this is a perfect example of how to permanently loose local business.

2  Thank M M
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Such an incredible authentic DELICIOUS experience to eat here. The family who owns and operates it is also just lovely and so warm. I live in savannah and treat myself here all the time:)) casseroles are the best...