“we loved the food!”

Ranked #123 of 888 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Sister's of the New South have been serving Savannah, GA, with southern hospitality and comfort for years. We have 4 locations across Savannah ranging from Pooler to Beaufort, SC. Our southern style cooking has been a community favorite for years. We also will cater your events no matter how small or large to bring the south to you. Our recipes will take you back in time when times were slow, and the cooking was great.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were there at lunch and the lunch special was only$5.99. This included a meat and 2 vegetables. We were a little disappointed that the fried chicken was not a lunch special choice but the hamburger steak was seasoned so well and covered with onions and peppers. I had sweet potatoes that were the best I had ever had. I also had the broccoli casserole which was great! Hubby had the okra and tomatoes which were seasoned perfectly and the corn which tasted fresh not canned. We took a piece of 3 layer cake ( chocolate.,white velvet., and red velvet) home for later. It was delicious! I would recommend stopping here if you are in Savannah! By the way we were there at 3pm so we walked right in..no wait!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was off the beaten path & not walking distance if you are staying in historic district. The prices were great as were the selection of southern vegetables. The place isn't fancy by any means but the people were very nice. We were there about 11:30 am on a weekday & there were only 2 tables occupied (I think we were just too early for the lunch crowd). If I have a car next time I am in town, I will definitely return.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you love fried chicken,,then you have to eat here,,,the place isn't the prettiest, but the food is great,,,I would have to say this was the best chicken I have ever ate in my life,,it was so juicey,,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went for lunch and I was the first customer as soon as they opened. I was very frustrated with the food in general. It was obvious that the food were leftovers from the day before. Fried chicken was not crispy and juicy as you would expect from southern food, rice hand gravy was cold and had a weird smell, corn was corn and my friend's food was not edible. Too much money, too little food, attendant not friendly and cashier at the same time: managing food and money at the same time is certainly a lack of cleanliness.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

While visiting Hilton Head Island we took a day trip to Savannah. We had checked several restaurants in the area and came across Sisters of the New South that served traditional southern cooking. The restaurant is cafeteria style dining and includes oxtail. We had never had oxtail before so the owner gave my wife and I each one to try before we selected our entree. It was wonderful...very sweet and meaty with the consistency of beef chuck roast. I had my oxtail served over yellow rice and my wife had the ribs....a wonderful way to end a busy day. We would surely go back in the future should we be in Savannah.