“Surprisingly delicious Mediterranean in downtown Savannah”
Review of The Mirage

The Mirage
Ranked #484 of 869 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: 236-5463 is their number. Mediterranean but with Moroccan focus. Mint Tea is a MUST! Food is well made, fresh and service is with a smile
“Surprisingly delicious Mediterranean in downtown Savannah”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I came here for an early dinner while on our vacation. We walked here from our downtown hotel. We were the only ones in the restaurant for a short while until a few other couples and then a small group came inside. Our host and waitress were both very friendly and helpful. I ordered the Fruit de Mer and my husband had the gyro platter. My meal was incredible! I highly recommend this dish to anyone who frequents the restaurant. I also ordered the Moroccan tea - a sweet, minty tea. Quite refreshing! We were also entertained by a belly dancer who came out to dance twice. She had some impressive skills! I loved the ethnic music that played as well. After dinner, my husband and I smoked the double apple hookah. It was his first time and my second. Shisha is non-tobacco, but it had a good flavor. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience here and would recommend the restaurant to others.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Emily W

Okatie, South Carolina
“We didn't bother to stay”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Service is nonexistent. We had to wait a long time to be seated in an almost empty restaurant. That was the last time we saw or talked to anyone before we got creeped out and left. The one and apparently only server was busy with his friends as we walked out. A good decision because there are plenty of better places in Savannah.

Fort Valley, Georgia
“Very good food, Somewhat quiet atmosphere”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I went here at the advice of the hotel where I stayed. The restaurant was hard to find and later I found out the address that I had was Casbah and it is now combined? with the Mirage. I had the lamb kabob plate which included carrots, potatoes, and rice. The vegetables were well seasoned and surprisingly good. I also had flat bread which was cut in triangles. The atmosphere was nice but not high energy as I expected (from the advertisement at the hotel). As far as the dancer, I came for the food so dining alone, it wasn't as fun as maybe it would have been with a group. There weren't many people there when I went and they seem to open later in the day around 5:30 p.m. or so. There did seem to be a lot of servers on duty for the seemingly unbusy hour so they stood around the end of the counter. The food was very good. The plate was $23.00 and very tasty but there didn't seem to be a lot of food. However, it was well cooked. I also asked for honey to go with the flat bread and it made for a tasty treat. You should try it if you have never had Mediterranean food.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank lynt604
Savannah, Georgia
“The hookah flavor of pineapple and peach was great. Service is lacking though”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

It seems that the place is run by rookies. Nice atmosphere. The drinks are kind of weak. Order your drinks straight.

• Visited December 2013
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“POOR SERVICE!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Savannah has 2 hookah bars only..... Not very many choices unfortunately. Yesterday we ended up going here. As soon as we walked in we were ignored. We had to get a waitress attention. When they finally sat us the waitress took around 20 minutes to take our drink order. This waitress had no idea what kind of beers or wine where sold there. Very disappointing! we ordered some beers hookah and went ahead and ordered our meal since we knew it would take forever! The waitress took forever to bring our beers and from the time we arrived to the time we left she spoke to us only twice! The place is not bad---- but come on people if you are running a business------hire people who understand the meaning of customer service because that waitress from last night is making you lose business. -I personally don't think I will be returning any time soon.