“Fantastic Food and Atmosphere!”
Review of Bonna Bella Yacht Club - CLOSED

Bonna Bella Yacht Club
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2012

A little hard to find at the end of DeReene, but worth the effort! We sat on the deck overlooking the marsh at this casual spot with outsanding food; as mentioned by others, the fans generate enough breeze for it to be comfortable on a Savannah evening. I loved the grilled shrimp appetizer with sweet chili sauce and followed it up with the signature fish tacos. A good selection of beers, wines, and top-shelf liquors. The staff was all very friendly and attentive - hostess, waitress, and busboy. I noticed that they also have "Kids' Night" on Wednesdays where you get one free kid's meal per adult entree; I'll be back with the little ones next time.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Met a group (of 12) there for a farewell dinner for a staff member; a few of us got there early to take advantage of happy hour for one drink. Server friendly & helpful. She even came back to check my drink order when she discovered that the computer timer had already closed down happy hour one minute ago. We had a nice breeze, but there are fans mounted on deck railings for evenings when the breeze has died. It's very informal; menu a bit limited, but I really enjoyed my lemon,caper,pesto fish tacos. I've heard great things about their shrimp and grits. Others were also happy with their meals. We ended up closing the place down - but our server gave us no hint she was ready to go home; I was surprised to see we were the last ones there when we walked to car. I'll definitely go back for informal fun with a few friends.

1  Thank marshmomma
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is a great place to eat. The food is excellent and the location is a lot of fun.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

This rebuilt (after a fire) restaurant with a waterfront view on the marsh which is spectacular is worth a visit. One can eat al fresco or inside, both with the view. The menu is rather small but that which is offered is excellent. My red bean and rice was excellent. Friends had a variety of salads and declared them well executed.

2  Thank Charles B
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This place was a gem. The atmosphere was friendly and the view was really nice. It was a cold evening so we ended up eating inside. The food was very good. I had some shrimp tacos for an entree and they were tasty. Yes it is a Yacht Club. but don't conjure up images of guys in Sports coats and Sperry Top Siders. Dress is casual. The beer is pretty cheap and the food isn't overpriced. For 2 of us with 6 beers the tab was around $50 bucks. We had appertizers and entrees.
Agreed, it's not 5 star dining, But it's a good balance of all the key ingredients for a good night.