“Expected a lot, it delivered even more”

All About Savannah Tours
Ranked #57 of 151 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Please choose a private tour from the 3 tour options I offer on my site. Enjoy a private tour, with a Savannah native, in comfort (your own A/C controls) at a relaxed pace. Kathy has been a tour guide for 10 years and before that was an elementary school teacher, so her tours are great for all ages! See the Low Country and even Tybee Island. Or how about the biggest Live Oak tree in the state and beautiful Bluff Drive on the Isle of Hope -also Wormsloe's Live Oak allee! 2 person minimum & call for reservations.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were incredibly lucky in that we procrastinated a bit and were able to get Kathy for two great days.

We did the Best of Savannah (really a must-do to see the highlights of the city and to get off the beaten path where the group tours don't or can't go) and the day trip to Beaufort.

If you have ever wondered where the locals eat and visit, then Kathy will let you know. She is very informative, incredibly kind and goes out of her way to customize the tour for you. She's just not a robot driving around the area and parroting the guidebooks. She knows her stuff and her humor and friendliness make it feel like you're traveling with family.

We have no hesitation in recommending Kathy to anyone we know coming to Savannah and will use her upon our return.

5  Thank WaikikiWanderers
in 9 reviews
"homes"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We also found Kathy on Trip Advisor. So happy we did. It was the best tour I have ever been on. We would have never saw the things we saw without Kathy. We did the 6.5 hour tour. Wonderful!! Kathy is such an amazing person, kind, friendly, and very knowledgeable. We had such a good time we booked her ghost tour the same night. It was great!! Her husband comes with her for the ghost tour. They are so good together. Next time we are in Savannah we will be back. Thank you Kathy and Jason..

4  Thank WinksChicago
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Kathy is charming, flexible and extremely knowledgeable. As an ex school teacher, she researches her stuff down to the real nitty-gritty. We only had two days to get to know Savannah area so my wife and I booked an all day tour with Kathy for one of the days. I feel that can honestly say that I understand Savannah, especially its history. Kathy is wealth of knowledge and moves at the pace you want. This is money well spent in my book and if I ever return to Savannah, I will book another day with Kathy to build on the foundation of knowledge she gave us. Thank you Kathy!! -- Oh, we opted for the van only because it was so hot during our trip..she also has a convertible PT Cruiser .

4  Thank Kerry B
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We can't begin to thank all the people who take the time to post on Trip Advisor because thanks to you, we found Kathy. My husband and I had the best day in Savannah riding in Kathy's cool (It was 90 degrees that day) SUV. The All About Savannah Day Pass 6.5 hour tour was worth every penny and then some. From the moment, we met Kathy it was like 3 friends spending the day together going from place to place, sharing stories and laughing. Kathy's love for the city and outstanding knowledge makes Savannah come alive. When we got home and talked with our friends who had visited Savannah, they said, "We never saw that, no, never heard of that..." The day flew by and we were sad to see it end. Saying goodbye to a new good friend wasn't easy.

Please do not hesitate to book your tour with Kathy. She's a ten in our book! What ever tour you take you will not be disappointed. Savannah will always be a cherished memory for us because of Kathy!!

5  Thank Songbirdcb
See more reviews
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We took the book tour with Kathy and had a great time. Bonaventure cemetery was beautiful and full of history. Kathy was very educated on everything there. We were in awe of her knowledge and her presentation. It was like visiting a friend in the city.
We had a wonderful time with an authentic southern lady. We can not wait to return and bring more friends to see Kathy and listen to her stories and learn more about this remarkable city.

Do not forget to tip your gracious hosts and hostesses in Savannah, it's worth every penny!

4  Thank sandytiger95