“Our visit to Savannah”

All About Savannah Tours
Ranked #49 of 146 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Please choose a private tour from the 3 tour options I offer on my site. Enjoy a private tour, with a Savannah native, in comfort (your own A/C controls) at a relaxed pace. Kathy has been a tour guide for 10 years and before that was an elementary school teacher, so her tours are great for all ages! See the Low Country and even Tybee Island. Or how about the biggest Live Oak tree in the state and beautiful Bluff Drive on the Isle of Hope -also Wormsloe's Live Oak allee! 2 person minimum & call for reservations.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We met friends in Savnnah and hired Kathy as our guide.. Words can not describe how great she was! She made our trip! We fell in love with Savannah through the stories she told and the places we went. Her love for Savannah is very contagious. Kathy was so much fun and was very educated about the history. At one point I asked her a question she didn't know the answer to. She said, "This is great, now I have something new to research!" We were taken to so many places we would have missed if it hadn't of been for Kathy. Boneventure was my very favorite. You could spend a day there. There was so much history and so many stories. She also made excellent recommendations for restarurants and place to see on our way to Charleston.Thank you so much, Kathy. Wouldn't have been the same without you! We're still talking about you and our visit..

3  Thank Janise S

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My girlfriends and II planned a getaway to Savannah for a long weekend. We decided to do a tour that included key sites from "the book". Kathy took us around in her convertible PT Cruiser giving us all the highlights including the beautiful Bonaventure Cemetery. You can tell Kathy loves the history of the area and studies it. We enjoyed the stories and the beautiful sites. We will do the Ghost Tour next time!

3  Thank RLTG
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had the most wonderful day with Kathy! I echo all the positive comments posted here about Kathy and her services so I won't go into too much detail. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Bonaventure Cemetery, Tybee Island, Isle of Hope and a stop at Wormsloe in the comfort of her roomy van. Her stories, personal commentary and historical information were relayed with such passion and animation that it made for a fun and spirited day. She made history come alive through her storytelling.

She’s intelligent, flexible to accommodate our desires and totally fun. She’s informed about most everything - from history to pop culture! Even prior to our trip, she was already emailing me tips for restaurants. She found out that my mom likes peanuts and my sister wanted a Piggly Wiggly t-shirt, so she accommodated us by helping us in our quest for these things!

We had many laugh-out-loud moments with her! She’s a gem and a true ambassador for Savannah.

4  Thank itsasmallworld
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Savannah for 4 days as part of a birthday trip to US. The tour sounded a good way to spend the first day in town so I e mailed to see if I could book the all day pass (6.5 hours) tour. Kathy replied immediately saying she could accommodate us and just pay at the end of the tour. She asked where were staying and would pick us up there at 10.00 a.m. Easy as falling off a log! Great start,
On the day, Kathy turned up on time at our Inn and off we went in her convertible. Other reviewers have detailed the tour and all the great places and sites visited so I won't repeat all the detail of that. Suffice to say we agree wholeheartedly with all the positive reviews from others.
Personally, we loved the detailed information and history illuminated with stories which Kathy shares. The private tour also suited our style in that Kathy was quite happy to have general friendly conversations that were outwith the tour itinerary.We like that, and actually we often find out a lot about the real place with this approach.
Kathy is certainly professional, but more importantly to us, lively, fun, knowledgable and informative. I think we made her laugh too, so it was a wonderfully relaxed day. She introduced us to new experiences such as an excellent BBQ restaurant (Try the Brunswick Stew at Sandfly BBQ if you get the chance, delicious!)
As with others Kathy showed us some great spots and angles from which to take lovely photos. It is at this point in the review I have to report our only disppointment. Later in our vacation and in North Carolina, I lost my camera including all our photos of Savannah!
We have a solution though and that is to return to Savannah, book another tour with the lovely Kathy and repeat the great experience.
I rarely if ever actually make recommendations, since opinions are by defintion personal. In this case I happily make an exception and recommend if you take one tour in Savannah this is the one to choose.

6  Thank Fifer7
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband, my mom and I are visiting Savannah for the first time. Since Mom uses a walker and has limited mobility we organized a private tour with Kathy. She was fantastic. The tour was very complete and interesting. She passed on her knowledge of the history of Savannah and Tybee Island and also told us personal stories of growing up here. She made sure Mom saw the things she was able to from the car and at places she could manage. Kathy sat with her a few times and told her additional stories when we got out. Going with Kathy seemed to all of us like touring the home town of an old friend. We had a great time!

3  Thank Kate U