“Does exactly what it says on the tin, and more.”

All About Savannah Tours
Ranked #8 of 163 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Please choose a private tour from the 3 tour options I offer on my site. Enjoy a private tour, with a Savannah native, in comfort (your own A/C controls) at a relaxed pace. Kathy has been a tour guide for 10 years and before that was an elementary school teacher, so her tours are great for all ages! See the Low Country and even Tybee Island. Or how about the biggest Live Oak tree in the state and beautiful Bluff Drive on the Isle of Hope -also Wormsloe's Live Oak allee! 2 person minimum & call for reservations.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Savannah for 4 days as part of a birthday trip to US. The tour sounded a good way to spend the first day in town so I e mailed to see if I could book the all day pass (6.5 hours) tour. Kathy replied immediately saying she could accommodate us and just pay at the end of the tour. She asked where were staying and would pick us up there at 10.00 a.m. Easy as falling off a log! Great start,
On the day, Kathy turned up on time at our Inn and off we went in her convertible. Other reviewers have detailed the tour and all the great places and sites visited so I won't repeat all the detail of that. Suffice to say we agree wholeheartedly with all the positive reviews from others.
Personally, we loved the detailed information and history illuminated with stories which Kathy shares. The private tour also suited our style in that Kathy was quite happy to have general friendly conversations that were outwith the tour itinerary.We like that, and actually we often find out a lot about the real place with this approach.
Kathy is certainly professional, but more importantly to us, lively, fun, knowledgable and informative. I think we made her laugh too, so it was a wonderfully relaxed day. She introduced us to new experiences such as an excellent BBQ restaurant (Try the Brunswick Stew at Sandfly BBQ if you get the chance, delicious!)
As with others Kathy showed us some great spots and angles from which to take lovely photos. It is at this point in the review I have to report our only disppointment. Later in our vacation and in North Carolina, I lost my camera including all our photos of Savannah!
We have a solution though and that is to return to Savannah, book another tour with the lovely Kathy and repeat the great experience.
I rarely if ever actually make recommendations, since opinions are by defintion personal. In this case I happily make an exception and recommend if you take one tour in Savannah this is the one to choose.

6  Thank Fifer7

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband, my mom and I are visiting Savannah for the first time. Since Mom uses a walker and has limited mobility we organized a private tour with Kathy. She was fantastic. The tour was very complete and interesting. She passed on her knowledge of the history of Savannah and Tybee Island and also told us personal stories of growing up here. She made sure Mom saw the things she was able to from the car and at places she could manage. Kathy sat with her a few times and told her additional stories when we got out. Going with Kathy seemed to all of us like touring the home town of an old friend. We had a great time!

3  Thank Kate U
Reviewed April 28, 2013

No review can explain how thoughtfully planned and surprising this tour is. My cousin and I took the full day Savannah tour in March 2013 and absolutely loved it. My cousin moved to a town outside of Savannah a little over a year ago so she had toured several of the sites previously, but had never truly appreciated them until Kathy's tour. It was an Eco tour, a history tour, celebrity tour, and a ghost tour all wrapped into a beautiful day. Tell Kathy your interests and she will personalize your tour. We took several different group tours during my stay and found some to be hokey (fake southern accents) or native southerners who seemed detached from the tour and lacking excitement. Kathy loves her job and that is why I promise you will love her passion, her knowledge, and her tour!

3  Thank NicoleRoberts_13
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I can't say enough superlatives about this tour - simply awesome! In 4 hours, Kathy gave us such a great behind the scenes look at Savannah. She is very insightful and provides so much history and fun. She has a great knack of making you comfortable from the minute you get into her car. Also, her advice made the rest of our visit so much more enjoyable. I even had my first Krispy Kreme doughnut with her!! Don't miss this great tour.

3  Thank Mike S