“Had a great time and learned so much!”

All About Savannah Tours
Ranked #54 of 149 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Please choose a private tour from the 3 tour options I offer on my site. Enjoy a private tour, with a Savannah native, in comfort (your own A/C controls) at a relaxed pace. Kathy has been a tour guide for 10 years and before that was an elementary school teacher, so her tours are great for all ages! See the Low Country and even Tybee Island. Or how about the biggest Live Oak tree in the state and beautiful Bluff Drive on the Isle of Hope -also Wormsloe's Live Oak allee! 2 person minimum & call for reservations.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband, my mom and I are visiting Savannah for the first time. Since Mom uses a walker and has limited mobility we organized a private tour with Kathy. She was fantastic. The tour was very complete and interesting. She passed on her knowledge of the history of Savannah and Tybee Island and also told us personal stories of growing up here. She made sure Mom saw the things she was able to from the car and at places she could manage. Kathy sat with her a few times and told her additional stories when we got out. Going with Kathy seemed to all of us like touring the home town of an old friend. We had a great time!

3  Thank Kate U

Reviewed April 28, 2013

No review can explain how thoughtfully planned and surprising this tour is. My cousin and I took the full day Savannah tour in March 2013 and absolutely loved it. My cousin moved to a town outside of Savannah a little over a year ago so she had toured several of the sites previously, but had never truly appreciated them until Kathy's tour. It was an Eco tour, a history tour, celebrity tour, and a ghost tour all wrapped into a beautiful day. Tell Kathy your interests and she will personalize your tour. We took several different group tours during my stay and found some to be hokey (fake southern accents) or native southerners who seemed detached from the tour and lacking excitement. Kathy loves her job and that is why I promise you will love her passion, her knowledge, and her tour!

3  Thank NicoleRoberts_13
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I can't say enough superlatives about this tour - simply awesome! In 4 hours, Kathy gave us such a great behind the scenes look at Savannah. She is very insightful and provides so much history and fun. She has a great knack of making you comfortable from the minute you get into her car. Also, her advice made the rest of our visit so much more enjoyable. I even had my first Krispy Kreme doughnut with her!! Don't miss this great tour.

3  Thank Mike S
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We are in Savannah doing a bucket list item for my milestone 60th birthday. We booked our Midnight in the Garden tour with Kathy and it was absolutely amazing. Like spending the afternoon with a good friend. Her knowledge of Savannah is amazing. We can't wait for our ghost tour on Saturday.

3  Thank POWagner
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I booked two tours with Kathy and enjoyed them so much we booked a third. We had a choice between two vehicles to tour in and picked her PT Cruiser convertible. What an experience to ride under the moss of massive oaks. We most enjoyed seeing Bonaventure Cemetery on our first day. Kathy grew up playing in and around the cemetery and has both extensive knowledge and fun tales to share.

Our second and most favorite outing was her Ghost Tour, which certainly has to be the best available (and there are numerous ones to be had). Again, Kathy has firsthand experience with some of the strange phenomena that occur in the city. She taught us how to capture "orbs" in our photos, which produced fascinating, even shocking results. Imagine zooming in on an orb you can only see by camera and then finding a clear face within it. Kathy also brings along a K2 meter to detect electromagnetic spirit activity. It jumped to life at the Colonial Park Cemetery.

On our final day she took us to Tybee Island—another perfect place to see from her convertible.

Kathy is fun, informative, friendly, and full of Southern charm and hospitality. We highly recommend her as a must-do if you want to experience Savannah in an up-close and personal way.

3  Thank o2bqueen