“Nice experience but not great”
Review of Spa Bleu

Spa Bleu
Ranked #4 of 33 Spas & Wellness in Savannah
Atlanta, GA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice experience but not great”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I was looking for a spa for my husband and I for our long weekend in Savannah. Based on the reviews and location we stopped by Spa Bleu. They were able to get us in for a massage (husband) and pedicure (for me).
Carolina did my pedicure and could not have been nicer. My toes looked good but I was disappointed by the facilities. As mentioned in another review, the set up is a high bench, that had lots of pillow so you can adjust them to fit your needs. The foot bath was a portable bath with a massage unit underneath. Had I sat there much longer it would have been uncomfortable but it was ok for the time it took.
My husband's massage was just ok. He said the lotion they used was cold and the room was very bright and hot.
On a previous visit to Savannah, we went to the spa at the Mansion on Forsyth and it is fabulous! I would say I'd you want a more upscale experience try someplace else, if you want a nice relaxing experience, without the frills then Spa Bleu is a good choice.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank mdgeorgia

Montreal
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Never again,waste of money.”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I cannot figure out all the good reviews, I am sorry. I booked my appointment well in advance with a massage therapist that had been recommended but didn't get her. The girl who did It was ok but not great and I specifically had requested someone different, they played dumb. The pedicure was awful, they have you on these benches, not chairs, and I spent the whole time trying to not slide off and ended with a very sore lower back which meant money wasted on the massage I had before it. They use these disposable tools so they don't have to sanitize anything and it didn't do the job, between that and the constant spraying of quick dry I ended up with toes that look like they had been done by a first grader, and completely smudged. To top it off, they don't give you a receipt. Not for the massage, not for anything paid by cash or just the credit card receipt, not a bill ????? I asked for a receipt for the massage for insurance purposes and she said 'we don't give those receipts' despite the fact the masseuse license is on the wall. This was awful. Don't do it.

Visited March 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I visited Savannah for our anniversary and the first place we went was Spa Bleu. I woke up in the morning and realized that my bank card and credit card had been stolen. Needless to say, we worked things out with the bank and we were late for our spa visit. I explained everything to the receptionist and spa mananger, and let me tell you, they made our spa visit very special. We were not inconvenienced at all due being late. They accomodated us and treated us like royalty. I would highly recommend this spa to everyone. I have to admit that we have spent lots of money at higher end spas, and Spa Bleu hands down gave us "real southern hospitality". The customer service and massages were superb.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Tara P
Columbus, Ohio
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A Great Day Sap”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I checked all the spa reviews on Trip Advisor and this spa seemed to have a lot of positive reviews. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Everyone was so friendly, the place was clean, the atmosphere was very relaxing. Right when you walk in the door you are welcomed by the very friendly staff. All of the employees were very professional. I had a massage and a facial and enjoyed both. The massage was probably the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend this spa. They do everything right.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Jan W
Savannah
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Charming, cozy, and convenient”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Need a quick mani/pedi or massage in between walking the squares? This place is conveniently located off Broughton Street and is managed by a staff who are skilled and not at all snobby (like some other local spas). You won't feel weird for not being a local (but they like locals too!)

1 Thank Sophy0075