“LOVE IT!”
Review of Day Clean Journeys

Day Clean Journeys
Ranked #40 of 146 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: A New Day For Tours...in Savannah, Hilton Head, Riceboro, and the Lowcountry of Georgia and South Carolina – “Day Clean Journeys”. We take you on journeys through time. Get a full view of the history regarding the above areas on one of our journeys (tours). We pride ourselves on providing “Tours for Everyone”! Anyone can and will enjoy our tours. Day Clean is a Gullah phrase that means “new day”, “beginning of the day”, or “dawn”. In addition, it is a philosophy of life that means each day is a new day; each day starts anew; no matter what occurred yesterday – today is a new day (“day clean”) . We provide stimulating, informative, and enlightening journeys. You may even become a little inspired after a journey.Students and Teachers, Families, Religious Groups, Youth Organizations, Conference Attendees, Senior Citizens, Friends, and Others have been enthralled by our journeys. We are sure you will be enthralled, also.We have provided tours and shared the history of the lowcountry to groups for over a decade. Not only can we provide a wonderful tour but we can arrange for living history presentations that are entertaining, engaging, and illuminating.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am SO glad I went on this tour! It had history like I would have NEVER imagined. I would recommend this tour for ANYONE that is interested in history. This tour allowed tourists to understand where many customs came from, and continue. PLEASE take this tour is you are in this area.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This tour was awesome! Within the first 20 minutes, I got my monies worth from the tour. Because we got rained out and possible flooding in the City of Savannah, we couldn't finish the tour. I'm very pleased, though. If you want real details and facts about history and impact/contribution of slavery on the Savannah and the area, this tour is a must!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I took the Gullah Geechie Tour as part of "First visit to Savannah" experience. This is the number one reason this will not be my last visit to Savannah. Our tour guide, Jamal was awesome, passionate, engaging, knowledgable & very exciting. This tour was the absolute best of the four we took during our visit. Jamal opened our eyes & our hearts to so much of the culture & history of Savannah. If you are visiting Savannah, this tour is a definite must!!

1  Thank VLCarter155
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This tour hosted by Jamal was the absolute best tour I have ever been a part of. As he said, we are now family and I would take this tour again repeatedly. I have shared information received with family and friends and have recommended this tour specifically to friends living in the area and others who plan to visit the area. All of the stops on the tour were brought to life through Jamal's informative description, the interaction from other guests on the tour, and the courteous nature of the driver and all involved in the tour. I wish you all the very best as you continue to enlighten us on traditions we take for granted that have been passed down through our ancestors. Thank you; thank you; thank you.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Ok, if you stay on Tybee Island be aware that there is a long train (I've hit it twice now at about 9:45am) that will inevitably slow you up on the way to Savannah, especially if you're running just a bit late. We arrived at the Visitor's Center just as the tour we thought we would take was leaving the parking lot. Fortunately for us, Dayclean (Gullah - Geechee for daybreak) was also just pulling out but stopped when I waved them down and graciously agreed to wait for us. So very glad they waited! What a great tour - we learned so much about Savannah. It was a fantastic two hours (plus!) of history, culture, and even some football team banter led by an amazing historian. We truly felt like we he saw, heard, touched, and tasted the city. Highly, highly recommended!