“I Could Spend the Whole Day Here”

37th Street Antique and Design
Ranked #137 of 218 things to do in Savannah
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“I Could Spend the Whole Day Here”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

What a wonderful shop - something for everyone. From vintage clothing and jewelry to fine art, home decor, furniture and handmade items they have it all, including a few old shop cats in residence. The prices on the items were quite reasonable too, unlike a lot of the typical Savannah shops. Everything is displayed beautifully, and southern hospitality abounds. You will find something to buy here, I guarantee it.

I have been to Savannah quite a few times, but somehow always missed this place, so glad I found it this time. The cats alone made it worthwhile. Even if it's a little out of the way, you won't be disappointed. I'm so glad I stopped in, and can't wait to return.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank katy2d2

Wayland, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“What a Treasure Trove”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Thank you TA Reviewers for recommending this shop! I was so glad we travelled by car so there was no reason not to purchase the two, hand knotted oriental carpets. Plus it was my birthday so I treated myself to a lovely Whiting & Davis clutch and a vintage mink coat and still did not exceed the trip budget. The women who run the store are so helpful and knowledgable. Make sure you stop in if you are in Savannah.

1 Thank neesied
Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We always visit this store when we come to savannah. We always fined some little item we have to have. Great variety of things to view and reasonable prices.

Visited November 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Amazing antique jewelry that is uniquely beautiful”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stepping into 37th Street Jewelry is like going back in time . . . it's beyond lovely. I could've spent all day looking at the creations. You will find truly one-of-a-kind pieces here. The store itself is so charming and southern--I loved it and have gotten raves about the jewelry I bought here.

Visited April 2011
Atlanta, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Antique Jewelry that you can't resist!!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

During a visit to Savannah w/ my husband we visited the 37th Street Antique and Design shop and my eyes must have bugged out of my head looking at the amazing antique jewelry that Melissa Burkholder had for sale. I truly hadn't seen anything like the pieces that she's collected. Many of her pieces are antique necklaces, broaches and bracelets that she has redesigned so that they enhance a contemporary woman's appearance. Each piece is unique and magnificent and will be noticed for it's beauty and design- yet amazingly affordable. Ms. Burkholder is obviously very knowledgeable about anitques and antique jewelry but also has a keen eye for which of her creations will be the right fit for the individual.

Visited March 2011