“Excellent Ghost Tour”

Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District
Ranked #42 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy Savannah on foot and from a native's perspective! No gimmicks, costumes, or schtick- just a guide who knows her stuff. Bonnie will show you how to be more than a tourist by helping you discover there's more to Savannah. Book in advance if you would like to join your fellow travelers on one of Bonnie's public tours. Group sizes are limited so you won't get lost in the crowd. Cover all the basics after breakfast and before lunch on the Slo-vannah Saunter. Or you could wait until the late afternoon for a sophisticated and slightly lubricated experience with drinks in hand on Lightly Sauced- Raise a Glass to History. Bonnie also loves private bookings and is available at your convenience. She can customize a tour to your interests across a variety of subjects from a general historical overview, to Black history, women's history, the Civil War, the Revolution, a little bit of architecture, etc. The guide comes to you and you even get to choose how long the tour lasts. Often available on short notice. Go ahead and call!
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Don't worry, a walking tour has a lot less "walking" than you may think. Bonnie hops from square to square, and haunted spot to haunted spot, often stopping in convenient places with seating, (she even let us stop to refresh our drinks) to listen to her tell interesting history, legends, and of course, the many ghost tales Savannah has to offer as "The Most Haunted City in America". She made sure everyone was able to hear and made sure we were all captivated in her well told, spooky, and sometimes humorous tales. Great time!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've just had another tour with Bonnie Blue Tours, and I'm never disappointed! I've gone on both the history and ghost tours, and Bonnie does such a great job with both. I love her dry sense of humor and deep knowledge of the material. The tours are always informational, fun and always a perfect size. Bonnie makes sure that the groups are never too big (difficult to manage and hard to control) or too small (I love talking to other people and learning about them, so just having only a few people l already know on the tour is a little boring). She makes sure that everyone has a great time and always answers questions or clarifies a point that someone doesn't catch. Unlike some other tour guides I've had, she takes the time to chat with the people in her group. She isn't just a robot that tells the stories and otherwise ignores you. Everyone who goes on her tour gets a great interactive event, every time. I live near Savannah, and when people ask me which tour company I recommend for historic or ghost tours, I always point them in the direction of Bonnie Blue Tours. I know they'll be pleased with their experience!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Have taken two tours with Bonnie; a ghost tour and a pirate tour. Both excellent. Bonnie knows her Savannah history, legends, and stories. Her wit and charm make the tour very enjoyable. The pace of the tour was very casual, as we were allowed to stop in a local pub and refill "refreshments" to carry with us on the tour. I highly recommend this tour if you visit this lovely city.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great Ghost Tour! My friends and I went on a ghost tour with Bonnie last night of the various squares in Savannah. She gave us a bit of history with a wonderful smattering of the local ghost lore that has made Savannah so famous for being the "Most Haunted City in America"! This is actually my second tour with Bonnie- yep, she's that good we went back to her again! I recommend her to anyone looking for a good walking tour guide who comes to visit me.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Last night my wife and I went on a walking ghost tour with Bonnie. We had purchased the tour a few weeks earlier, but due to last minute plans we were unable to set a tour date until we arrived in Savannah. Bonnie bent over backwards for us and with the acquiescense of their properly scheduled grouo, she accomodated us with such a short notice.

We enjoyed the stories she shared with us. Note that the tour is not a ghost exploration nor research with EVP's and temperature probes as other tours we have taken in other cities (New Orleans), but at the same token, Bonnie's is not as pricey as those ones.

The walking was not too much (about 18 small blocks) and due to the perfect weather it was great. We stopped at 4 squares for thenstories and there was plenty of benches.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction