“If you take only one tour... take this one”

Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events
Ranked #52 of 144 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah Ghost Walks founded by R. Chase Anderson is the only Official Savannah Ghost Walks in Savannah, Georgia. "The Founder" is a Savannah local, paranormal investigator and professional storyteller with ancestral Savannah family roots.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Gainesville, Florida
“If you take only one tour... take this one”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

So a group of my friends and I took our yearly trip to Savannah this past October and we usually squeeze in a few tours. This time we opted for Savannah Ghost Walks. Having been on our fair share of ghost tours, we weren't expecting anything new. We were wrong, Our guide Chase was funny and interesting. His story telling skills were impeccable. He answered questions and was thoughtful and accommodating to the entire group (there was a pregnant woman in our group).
His mannerisms and speech were so intriguing and I wont lie.. we picked up on some of his termonology.
The tour is by far the best we've been on.
At the end of the tour I think we all sort of expected him to just vanish in to thin air.
Fantastic tour. We would definitely take his tour again.

Clearwater, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful,informative,unforgettable”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Last weekend my wife and I and two of our best friends spent a great evening with Chase on his ghost tour. I had been expecting a gimmicky boo type experience,but instead was transported to a new experience thru Chase's honest and informative presentation of the awesome history of this city and it's ghostly residents.He has a way of making you feel you are a part of the past with it coming alive around you..His historical knowledge of the events that created this city's aura was impressive. But the thing I will remember most is the twinkle in his eyes and the little smile he can't hide as he fast forwards you back to the present with amazing and ironic tales of recent events that prove the past.don't miss it!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not the best, but still some tidbits of good paranormal information”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We met at Johnson Square for the Savannah Ghost walk tour and couldn't miss Chase in his top hat and umbrella (for poking ghosts I assume, because their was no rain in sight). We were quite a large group, which made it difficult to hear sometimes, but we made sure to keep near the front of the group as we went along. We followed a similar route as the previous daytime tour we went on that day, and some of the stories that were told corroborated with what we were told earlier in the day on our walking tour so that was refreshing. The tour did seem a little disjointed at times and the stories didn't flow into each other very well, more of "let's go here and I'll tell you a short story". the sites and stories could've flowed together a bit better. Although we didn't expect to see any ghosts, we were open to the idea! I really think that the tour was overall average, but the price is more than fair and Chase really seemed to enjoy himself while touring us around.

3 Thank bmav98
SavannahGhostWalks, Owner at Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
First of all -- thank you for taking the time to review the tour -- constructive criticism like yours helps a lot to identify specific issues we never would have discovered otherwise. What I hear with this one is that we need thematic continuity. You didn't specify other areas as to why you thought the tour was only average but I sense that there must be an additional presentation issue? So we'll make an educated guess and adjust accordingly. Thanks once again for taking valuable time to review us. The tour can only get better and better when even unfavorable reviews are constructive -- like yours.

Cheers!
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very interesting history with a fun and spooky twist.”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

My husband and I had a great time. The tour was very interesting. We really enjoyed the walking tour over the "driving" tour because we could take the time to really feel all around us. Our senses is what made this trip awesome, along with the guide Chase. Chase was right when he said sometimes the best way to detect energy is to be aware of how certain areas feel,etc. We found that to be very true. I was a little concerned at first about the walking distance, but I was so intrigued with everything all around, I forgot about my feet! I'm glad we had a water bottle though...especially when we approached the graveyard and we could actually feel the heat become intense. The sight, smell and sound played into this being a wonderful tour. I just viewed our pictures and found some very interesting things in the photo's. We were amazed how our camera picked up things we couldn't actually see with our eyes. I just knew we were going to see something on those photo's and we were sooo right! I suppose people would call it ghost orbs. They certainly are something! Chase made the trip wonderful by his wealth of knowledge. It wasn't some made up stuff to scare us..it was the real deal and a lot has happened in that town to make it haunted!
Peace-
Tammie

1 Thank Tammielyn13
Holyoke, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great piece of historical hauntings. Thanks Chase”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We loved the feeling of stepping back in time during our ghost walk. You could feel the history coming to life.

1 Thank susw413