“Chase Anderson - Savannah Ghost Walk”

Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events
Ranked #59 of 151 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours, Concerts, and Events was founded by R. Chase Anderson aka "The Founder." These experiences step beyond mere walking tours of Savannah to embrace direct cultural experiences including Southern Storytelling, Vintage Theater, and Music in an 1863 house at Forsyth Park -- The Artist Inn. Encounter off-the-grid locations known only to locals. Savannah Ghost Walks is the first private to small group tour in Savannah, Georgia. "The Founder" is a Savannah local, paranormal investigator and professional storyteller with ancestral Savannah family roots.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My 11 year old daughter had researched Savannah before the weekend and sold the family on a ghost walking tour. We were all pleased with the tour and glad we chose Chase. He knows the city, has researched the sightings and definitely can tell the stories. Despite a couple of challenges with inebriated tourists (it was Savannah on a Saturday night after all) he dealt with the situation very professionally and moved them on without any disruption to the tour. We went from squares to street corners to alleyways where he told us all about what had happened in the past and had been witnessed on those very spots. A really enjoyable 90 minutes and well worth the price. We saw other driving tours on buses and hearses but they appeared more novelty than anything, so if you want to retire for the evening with thoughts of Mary with the baby or the young rich daughter or the smallpox epidemic, I recommend Chase Anderson.

2  Thank Alan M
in 7 reviews
"haunted history"
"great guide"
in 6 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"bachelorette party"
in 8 reviews
"ghastly"
"perspective"

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My mother and I traveled to Savannah for a weekend, and were looking forward to doing a ghost walk. We came across Chase Anderson, and made reservations. Perfect combination of history, ghost tales, and as it was a Saturday night, a lot of entertainment! Chase speaks so well, you are drawn to his stories. The city was bustling around us, and we were too busy listening intently to notice. If you happen to find yourself lucky enough to be on one of Chase's tours- won't regret it. Best idea my mom and I had all weekend! I cannot wait to bring the rest of my family down for one of his tours.

1  Thank Jen M
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Jeff was fantastic as a guide. The walk was to be 1 1/2 hours and it ended being 2 1/2 hrs as we walked through Savannah's city streets, he telling us some of the city's history as well as pointing out the buildings where ghosts/apparitions have been known to visit. Did you know that Savannah is built on cemeteries. If that isn't ghastly in its own right, I don't know what is!!! Great evening, great guide and a great way to learn about Savannah. Highly recommended. Ask for Jeff.

2  Thank maryb3268
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate in that our experience was just for the two of us and the investigator, Jim. He was so informative, helpful and enjoyable to be around that he is one of the reasons we didn't want to leave Savannah. :)
Whether one believes or doesn't, the results were something we talked about for the next 2 days. The sounds behind us during the initial walk- thru were fascinating and I think I spent more time trying to hear them than I did the historical background Jim was providing. I did not feel the fear that I was concerned with; very comfortable with the entire process and Jim walked us thru the whole process. He was an over-actor (nice change from some of them), and more down to earth in that he was just as curious about the possibilities as we were. Not just a job for him.
I highly recommend you top off your evening with some time spent with the Gribble House personnel and the experience of a haunting.

1  Thank Dar D