“Fantastic Ghost Tour!”

Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events
Ranked #52 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours, Concerts, and Events was founded by R. Chase Anderson aka "The Founder." These experiences step beyond mere walking tours of Savannah to embrace direct cultural experiences including Southern Storytelling, Vintage Theater, and Music in an 1863 house at Forsyth Park -- The Artist Inn. Encounter off-the-grid locations known only to locals. Savannah Ghost Walks is the first private to small group tour in Savannah, Georgia. "The Founder" is a Savannah local, paranormal investigator and professional storyteller with ancestral Savannah family roots.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New Bern, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic Ghost Tour!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked the 8:30 pm ghost tour last minute with Chase and he was very accommodating. The tour is so much more than a ghost tour. Chase is a historian and he weaves in the dark side of Savannah's history into his supernatural storytelling. My husband and I both had a great time listening to his stories while walking around town exploring the haunted buildings of Savannah. It was nice being with a small group too. Highly recommend this tour for anyone looking for a great ghost tour with lots of interesting history to boot!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Chrissi D

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scary Savannah”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Chase is a historian as well as an intriguing story teller. He walks you through the historic streets of Savannah while he weaves together parts of its dark past to explore human atrocities inflicted upon the unfortunate persons of southern society during the early colonial times (lots of bloodshed, exploitation, repression, and unmarked graves) that continue to haunt our collective conscience. I highly recommend his tour for anyone interested in history, the paranormal, or spiritualism.

Visited August 2012
New Carrollton, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“First time, not the last :)”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I made reservations well in advance for this. He is much more skeptical than I am. We both went in with a desire for the historical background, along with the cool legends around it. I specifically signed up for the Fri the 13th Dead of Night tour, since I like the idea of an actual expirement/ghost hunt. While I was a bit disappointed in the shortness of the actual walk, since the ambience of the evening was perfect: Dark, empty streets, a swiftly passing rainstorm, I'd have loved to continue and hear the stories! But, the ghost hunt was great. I loved using my phone to DL the "Ghost Radar" (I also downloaded a EMF detector) . It was truly awesome. I loved hearing the stories of the Savannah Theater, and hearing the things we might experience, while IN the building, really helped me get into it. While Hubster still remains a skeptic, that's okay. I will be returning for another walk - preferrably all the walks - so I can check out what I missed. Thanks to Chris and Chase for all the fun!
PS: If you dont go to the bathroom beforehand, there are many places on the trip to run across to, or, if you go into a building like we did, there's usually one there (All the ladies made a trip at the close). Also of note: I wouldn't take any small children, particularly on the late night trips. Hearing screaming, tired children detracts from the ambience, and also, since Savannah allows public drinking, it may also not be so appropriate for them.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank jenilynn80
Vero Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My mother and I just got back from a wonderful trip to Savannah and one of the highlights was the walking ghost tour with Chase. His intelligence, knowledge and animated story telling was quite a refreshing change from many of the tour guides we have used in the past. We were so impressed with this tour, we highly recommend it to anyone interested in the paranormal experience and history of Savannah.

Visited June 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“More than a ghost tour.”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Chase gave a tour that went beyond hauntings to an exploration of the heart and soul of the city and all of it's residents. Not to be missed by those interested in exploration of psi, history or a real good tale.