“Best possible ghost tour experience”

Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events
Ranked #55 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours, Concerts, and Events was founded by R. Chase Anderson aka "The Founder." These experiences step beyond mere walking tours of Savannah to embrace direct cultural experiences including Southern Storytelling, Vintage Theater, and Music in an 1863 house at Forsyth Park -- The Artist Inn. Encounter off-the-grid locations known only to locals. Savannah Ghost Walks is the first private to small group tour in Savannah, Georgia. "The Founder" is a Savannah local, paranormal investigator and professional storyteller with ancestral Savannah family roots.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This ghost tour in Savannah was the best ghost tour we've been on, and we have been to multiple city and states' ghost tours. There were two reasons that made the experience incredible: first was Chase, our tour guide. We were his only "guests", so he took my wife and I on our own personal tour. He was an incredible storyteller and historian. We were in Savannah for a night of our honeymoon and were lucky enough that he offered to do a tour during the slower season. The second reason this tour was excellent was because he actually took us into the haunted buildings and into their basements and haunted floors. It was incredible! Especially sine most ghost tours make you just look at the building from outside. If you are looking for a ghost tour that doesn't try to scare with dramatic stories or exageration and rather just takes you into the actual places to let you see for yourself with your own senses, look no further. Made that night of our honeymoon so incredible. Also scared the he'll out of my wife (you will be in some legit dark basements). Go and enjoy! Chase is the best choice for a Savannag ghost tour!

4  Thank Steve J
SavannahGhostWalks, Owner at Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Steve, it was an honor to be your guide that night – Savannah never ceases to amaze– if it wasn’t for the endless string of seeming “coincidences” that occur in this city I would have called it a fluke that we were the only ones on the tour that night since we’ve been fairly busy lately . But those of us who have lived here long enough know that there are no “coincidences” --- especially not in Savannah. Something in Savannah’s genius loci – the spirit of the place – is extremely conducive to having those kinds of synchronous experiences. I’m always delighted to hear from guests who welcome the chance to tour inside Savannah’s most haunted buildings. These indoor locations we’re beginning to get access to have never been explored by other groups. We’re it. And now the both of you are part of the experience – even when you’re already back home – you’ll feel connected to this place. My sense is that Savannah will draw you both back for the rest of your lives because that's what this place does – especially for newlyweds! You invited not just me to your rite of passage – but the entire spirit of our Historic District. Well done and we hope we'll see you next year. Have a great and joy-filled marriage.

There are newer reviews for Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Me and my daughter did the night walk with I Chase. He is a fantastic guide and knows so much history about Savannah. I am so glad we chose the walk rather than the riding on a trolly. You get so much out of the experience more and I have to say I did get some pictures in the Moon Brewery I can't explain. I would recommend Chase and his knowledge for this guide. Kudos

SavannahGhostWalks, Owner at Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2011

Hey, thanks Jennifer. We've ended up with some very mature and insightful kids on this tour. I'm glad you both joined us and we hope to see you down here again.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Chase is one of the best ghost tour guides that we have ever had. Is knowledge of the history of Savannah was very thourogh and informative. The best parts of the tour take you to places the public never see's. The second floor of Blue Moon Brewry was very creepy but amazing! We will have to take the tour again when we visit!

1  Thank Rzimmeriii
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Even for a skeptic like me, this tour was totally awesome. I learned so much about Savannah's history and saw so much architecture up close. There's nothing like a walking tour to get a feel for a city, and this one doesn't disappoint. Chase is very knowledgeable and entertaining. My daughter and I didn't find it too scary, but her friend was totally freaked out.

Chase is a master storyteller, and he took extra time with us at the conclusion to show anyone who wanted to see more sites. Some people dropped out as they other things to do. I was so glad I stayed with it. Chase was so kind as to take the extra steps to ensure we got a true history and feel for Savannah.

I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Im not normally a real believer in the supernatural comings and goings, so I didnt want a hoaky, trying too hard to send a chill up my spine type of tour.......Chase brings a solid perspective that is peppered with lots of history without getting boring.....Tour is just the right length and seems to flow.....and when your not expecting it, you just might get that tingle