“Great walk - friendly ghosts”

Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events
Ranked #54 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours, Concerts, and Events was founded by R. Chase Anderson aka "The Founder." These experiences step beyond mere walking tours of Savannah to embrace direct cultural experiences including Southern Storytelling, Vintage Theater, and Music in an 1863 house at Forsyth Park -- The Artist Inn. Encounter off-the-grid locations known only to locals. Savannah Ghost Walks is the first private to small group tour in Savannah, Georgia. "The Founder" is a Savannah local, paranormal investigator and professional storyteller with ancestral Savannah family roots.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My wife and I had taken the ghost walk on an earlier trip to Savannah and had such a great time on our next visit with friends, the four of us went. The ghost walk provides lots of interesting stories about haunted buildings and Savannah history. It is also a wonderful walk through Savannah with its many historical buildings and cemetaries. Great perspective on a beautiful city

SavannahGhostWalks, Owner at Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

We're delighted when guests return to tour with us. Birds of a feather do indeed flock together. We're now going inside Savannah's most haunted buildings and adding new routes all the time.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Savannah! I am not one for 'Haunted Pub Crawls" and hearse rides, so this tour fit into everything that I wanted. Chase was incredibly passionate about his subject matter and he brought so many historic figures back to life through his storytelling. I wish that he would do one on one tours! I can't wait to go back to Savannah and take another tour!

Bringing historical figures and time periods to life is at the core of what we're all about. A successful tour, I believe, is one that succeeds in doing this. Sometimes, we just step aside and let Savannah's haunted historic district do that for us. Therein is the art --when to speak and when not to speak so this mysterious process can occur. Thanks so much for your insight.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

My family and I have taken this tour multiple times and any trip to Savanah includes plans to take it again. Wether you experience anything paranormal or not, you will definately be entertained and informed during this tour.We have had 2 unexplainable experiences while on this tour, but had we had none we still would return. The guide is amazing as well as unique! He is well informed in the complete history of the city and its dark past. I have 2 children 9 and 6 and he has taken their questions and given them honest answers as well as pointed out little things just to them. Believer or not, you will love this tour for its history and intimate look at an amazing city and its past!

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Well , we struggled wuith the idea of going on the same tour we took a year ago-but I knew our friends from Tampa would love it so we hooked up with Chase again..(they loved his new web site). So not expecting anything different, we met Chase at Johnson Square, and were very pleasantly surprised that he has added new insights and stories and we came away totally impressed -.the fellow sure makes history come alive! So if you've been on this tour before...do it again--you will like it even better.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

My family (including two girls ages 10 and 12) really enjoyed this tour. It was a little scary, funny, creepy and memorable. The guide was fun and knowledgable as we walked through squares, stopped outside old houses, restaurants and bars and were told stories about the supposed hauntings. We didn't see any ghosts but we have an odd orb in one of our pictures. Highly recommended tour!

1  Thank kris3315